srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
1:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It would be between Garmon's and Goerend out in Iowa. Garmon's would probably get the nod simply due to location. I think they are just below Atlanta. Looked at the cost of an Allison conversion, just can't see it for what I have. I saw that Uncle Heef bought a 47/48re to have rebuilt, I think he was taking it to Garmon's.

Mr Awesome

Most rebuilt converters are done by Goerend. I'm pretty sure the one in my PPE State 4 Allison kit was a done by Goerend.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It would be between Garmon's and Goerend out in Iowa. Garmon's would probably get the nod simply due to location. I think they are just below Atlanta. Looked at the cost of an Allison conversion, just can't see it for what I have. I saw that Uncle Heef bought a 47/48re to have rebuilt, I think he was taking it to Garmon's.

Mr Awesome

Garmon being closer would be a big plus. I was thinking of taking my 11 down to him when it needed work or when I deleted it

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Stump Shot thank you sir, arrived today now if we can just get that @Dub11 feller to get things shipped as quick as you do!8A8DD8E0-6B15-4C95-A81A-E5928A8FBF0D.jpegB&c show to be scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Hopefully I’ll get it in some wood then.
@Dub11 , @Stump Shot bar got here today. She’s a sweet little saw!
4823A8FF-1E1C-4525-A378-A1C4E2FBFED7.jpeg EAC99961-40B9-4493-AB96-8E34BE839701.jpeg

Last edited:

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Stump Shot thank you sir, arrived today now if we can just get that @Dub11 feller to get things shipped as quick as you do!View attachment 159989B&c show to be scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Hopefully I’ll get it in some wood then.

Welcome and glad to see it has a good home and yes Wayne was a slacker. Lol

leadfarmer

Hot Rod !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well friends it looks like this thing is winding down. We are still in awe at the generosity of folks we never met. I've met a lot of you guys at gtg's and haven't met any that I wouldn't like to see again. Your generosity towards my my daughter has touched me an my family in ways you will never know. I know we will never be able to thank you enough . I'm honored that you all let me hang with you guys in our friendly b.s sessions and the knowledge that is freely given out. Until I can shake each one of your hands Thank you will have to do. May God Bless each an every one of you guys. Thank You All !

P.s the Hillbilly daughter is doin just fine [emoji16]

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Still bringing up the rear, wanted to give a progress report for @NCFarmboy prize selection. Have the saw running, did this vidja with a short bar I had here. Was -2°F when I did this, so I didn't fuss over the tune too much. So keep that in mind.

Still working on the bar will do one more vidja with it and the JR chain before it gets sent out.
Hang in there Shep, won't be too much longer.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool! But why Hooskievarna???

Well let's examine this... It was/is a Husqvarna bar and it goes on the above Husqvarna power saw, so... I guess it's staying true to its heritage.

You can put away your tinfoil hat with all the Stihl stickers on it now, its not a hostile takeover conspiracy! Lol

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sweet!!!!!!! Better than I could hope for. Awesome job!!!!
Shep
:campeon:

Here it is all together, running a 7 pin, I was worrying about hitting the metal stand with that fancy @John Reilly chain.
I'll send a new 8 pin along with for you to play around with.