High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Echo 7310 build thread

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Notice the ramp in the secondary transfers, to direct that charge. The pictures don’t do it justice, it’s the steepest ramp I’ve seen in transfers.
Look inside a 600SX

Just got out to the shop. Cutting band/base now. The plan is to take .030 from the band. .075 from the base. That’s more intake duration than I want....but we’ll live with it for now.
View attachment 278462
Cool build you have going on.

I like this style combustion chamber and narrow band. Less waste means more power imo.

Went with more blow down on the 600.
Intake landed at 80.
Exhaust was 98 do believe.

How much do plan to take back on the intake or you going to run it first?

GoBigBlue1984

Bluegrass Fart Knocker...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ring end almost centered on the intake side. At the skirt edge (FW) on the exhaust side. So I don’t plan on widening the exhaust much, if any.

GoBigBlue1984

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I won’t be able to cut as much off the top of the piston to get the port timing I’m gonna need. So I may have to scrap that idea, or use a combination of both. I’ll cross that bridge when I get there.

GoBigBlue1984

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The problem with raising the uppers is that the transfer cover then becomes an obstruction. Like Joe mentioned, I’m gonna have to epoxy the outside of those transfers covers so I can grind through.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
11:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The problem with raising the uppers is that the transfer cover then becomes an obstruction. Like Joe mentioned, I’m gonna have to epoxy the outside of those transfers covers so I can grind through.

That's what Mitch did when he posted all those pictures on Facebook of the 7310 he did. He gooped up the transfer covers pretty good and then re-shaped the insides.

GoBigBlue1984

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's what Mitch did when he posted all those pictures on Facebook of the 7310 he did. He gooped up the transfer covers pretty good and then re-shaped the insides.
Got any pictures? I’d like to see this.

GoBigBlue1984

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My Tig welding abilities consist of building up edges of die components to be ground back down. That’s about it :(

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great thread Brett. Hope you’ve been doing well. Thank you for taking the time to do it.

Will you be doing 3 separate transfer times, or just a primary and secondary time?

I think the primaries opening so far in front of the secondaries is what prevents short circuiting, they build up velocity before the secondaries open. I could be wrong.

Also wondering why the 106.5 exhaust roof from the factory with the relatively short stroke (for an echo). Do you thing the increased transfer area allows for better filling and allows for more swept volume in this beast?

They certainly gave us a lot to play with on the model.

Idahonative

O.P.E.f.o.r.u.m. Mutt
Local time
12:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
New video out yesterday by Mitch Webar for the DIY'er. According to the vid, he has done 19 of these Echo 7310's. I thought the vid was interesting from the perspective of someone like me who's not a professional builder.

I'm really excited and thankful that the OP is taking the time to do this build thread. The Echo's don't always get alot of love. This saw seems to be peaking the interest of many with it's simple design, quality build, and what seems to be a lot of potential. I was really surprised that Mitch was on his 19th 7310, since they haven't been out that long...and it's an Echo...lol.

GoBigBlue1984

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great thread Brett. Hope you’ve been doing well. Thank you for taking the time to do it.
Thanks Al, we’ve been well. Covid has been more prevalent around here as of late. Though nothing like you guys have experienced up there, I’d say.