COVID19 Down Time Activities

RalphK

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m in the medical profession so we are still working. Taking all precautions and using all protocols necessary even though I am not concerned with the virus’s affects it would have on myself. Spreading it to others is my concern and having to be home quarantined is.
Until “heard immunity” is established this will be an on going problem.
Since I am off today I was going to plant my garden then go flying, Mother Nature decided to change my plans with rain so here I am.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
12:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
8E1ACE5E-0575-4BA3-9181-E36EE5BCF08E.jpeg I’m trying to keep my wife’s sanity while the boys are home since daycare shut down (voluntarily). We are both considered essential workers but thankfully she works 12hr shifts only a few days a week - so getting help when needed hasn’t been hard - yet.. Here my oldest (4) is “fixing” his saws... he never wants to miss a minute with me at the work bench! Thankful for that - most days! Ha!

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Everyone at work still gives me grief about the full surround system for movies. They’re like all you need is a sound bar told them apparently you’ve never heard a 5.1 or 7.1 surround. The big speakers warfdales? Can’t read the tags in the picture, I have a lower priced set up but still sounds good. Mtx c-12’s with 6” mtx center/surrounds and mtx 12” self powered sub.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm just staying busy. Fencing to take advantage of the 40 acres of new grass we sowed in the fall when it's not raining, and working on saws when it is.

In all honesty, I'm worried. This virus is a game changer for us all. We must all take it seriously. Remember to think of the elders and those with a weak immune system. Stay home if at all possible.
I agree my dad is in his 70’s mom in her 60’s and a ton of relatives that are 50 and up some quite a few with existing conditions. I really hope for the best for them all. I work in a taconite mine for Uss and way it sounds they’re not shutting down for anything short of the government telling them too. So pretty much government says shut or all customers are shut and the economy so pour they lay us off still have 500 construction works planned to come for a shut down next week. I don’t agree with it I think it should be postponed like the other mines are doing because not all local workers can be from anywhere in Minnesota or Wisconsin

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
10:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 231337 I’m trying to keep my wife’s sanity while the boys are home since daycare shut down (voluntarily). We are both considered essential workers but thankfully she works 12hr shifts only a few days a week - so getting help when needed hasn’t been hard - yet.. Here my oldest (4) is “fixing” his saws... he never wants to miss a minute with me at the work bench! Thankful for that - most days! Ha!

It looks like you got a fine assistant there, be sure he doesn't overtighten his chain...

shadco

Ban Hammer Custodian
Local time
1:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Everyone at work still gives me grief about the full surround system for movies. They’re like all you need is a sound bar told them apparently you’ve nevBober heard a 5.1 or 7.1 surround. The big speakers warfdales? Can’t read the tags in the picture, I have a lower priced set up but still sounds good. Mtx c-12’s with 6” mtx center/surrounds and mtx 12” self powered sub.

Those are Klipsch Chorus II's with all the Bob Crites mods MacIntosh 2505 or Fisher 400 as source.

The HT setup is just NHT Super Zeros with a Super Center 5.1 and a REL 7 sub, I don't that much emphasis on HT, but I'm a 2 channel biggot.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those are Klipsch Chorus II's with all the Bob Crites mods MacIntosh 2505 or Fisher 400 as source.

The HT setup is just NHT Super Zeros with a Super Center 5.1 and a REL 7 sub, I don't that much emphasis on HT, but I'm a 2 channel biggot.

Right now since my higher end jvc receiver died few years ago I’m using a low to mid range onkyo now. It’s ok but I could use an amp on the c12’s old receivers seemed to have more power even though the new one is rated the same or more. C12’s handle 300 watt continuous and 600 max full range 3 way speaker. 12” woofer,6” midrange driver and a thermal protected tweeter.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
8:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had big plans for 2020...

View attachment 231301

Funny story: I had two troops when I was stationed in New Mexico. They were roommates and worked together. One day I came in on second shift and all hell was about to break loose.

I gathered my information and started talking to them to see what had happened. So, one guy was a neat freak and the other a slob. The slob had to poop and couldn't be bothered to waddle with his pants down to find toilet paper.

He decides to use the closest thing handy and wipes his bunghole on the new shower curtain cover his roommate had just put up. Lol. So, the neat freak sits and has himself a poop shortly after and sees the brown stain.

So, he's like wtf is that? He grabs the curtain and looks at it for a while. Then decides it may be what he thinks it is, and gives it the smell test. Sure enough...butt wipe was all over his new shower curtain. Lol.

That's one of those conflict resolution times when I was trying my hardest not to laugh...

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had big plans for 2020...

View attachment 231301
One use perhaps but another might be an option for a surgical mask with a couple of rubber bands .The big ones from a Bunn commercial could cover you whole face .Damn I might be on to something .

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Funny story: I had two troops when I was stationed in New Mexico. They were roommates and worked together. One day I came in on second shift and all hell was about to break loose.

I gathered my information and started talking to them to see what had happened. So, one guy was a neat freak and the other a slob. The slob had to poop and couldn't be bothered to waddle with his pants down to find toilet paper.

He decides to use the closest thing handy and wipes his bunghole on the new shower curtain cover his roommate had just put up. Lol. So, the neat freak sits and has himself a poop shortly after and sees the brown stain.

So, he's like wtf is that? He grabs the curtain and looks at it for a while. Then decides it may be what he thinks it is, and gives it the smell test. Sure enough...butt wipe was all over his new shower curtain. Lol.

That's one of those conflict resolution times when I was trying my hardest not to laugh...
Airmen:rolleyes:

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
7:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If anyone is wondering.....

Hell yes I'm hoarding ammo. LOL
You got any hunting 8x57mm (or military 7.92x57mm) ammo?
I'll trade You a dust mask for a full case. o_O

I bet a whole lotta buried and forgotten civil war arsenal will get dug up with the virus ramping up in Croatia. :confused:

Last edited:

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I buck cut, loaded, unloaded, and stacked a whole truckload of pin oak logs today, all ready to split. I doubt anyone else got closer than 200 yards from where I was working. All was branch wood and my Husqvarna 353 was the only saw I needed. It ran flawlessly.

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
6:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Woke up this morning with my cutter pants on..haha, haven't done that for a while. I was 'locked, cocked & ready to rock.
My shíţ luck it was a Saturday. Guy can't caught a break?

I got a real good 'boot story' if you all would like to here?

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And the after lunch pics. I cut this stuff and let it lay for my Dad. Commandeered a small cherry tree for smokin’ meats. Price of labor, lol.
908DBE18-41FC-46E1-9510-511D4596D842.jpeg
50E123CB-1D23-4324-ABDF-7E3FFAFF7220.jpeg
497A2AA2-8AC0-423B-9D25-F40A58C9E490.jpeg
9DF07FC0-FA31-4A9B-B3B0-3A1C5727B483.jpeg

This one is dead but I think it would end up being more hollow rot than good wood.
839228BD-193A-4229-87F4-F49993A815B6.jpeg