COVID19 Down Time Activities

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
11:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
First, this thread is not about making light of the COVID19 situation or measures being taken to mitigate its spread. Instead it’s about what y’all are doing if you have some down time at home. Please don’t bring politics or any other BS into this.

I’m home because I am considered a “high risk” dude were I to get it so my employer sent me home and I’m on recall if needed. Since I have some time on my hands I decided to get started on firewood for next winter. Had some blocks left over from last spring, once I get them split I’ll move on to buzzing up the new log pile. Here’s what I got done before getting rained out up here in the northeast.

D9F30643-6FE0-4534-BC52-F29B9A4C8C50.jpeg

Last edited:

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Grilling outside. Some video games. Cutting firewood My work isn’t too affected. Trying to avoid going in town for anything. My old man is a high risk so I’m trying not to carry it
Laying real low.
Yup same here on the laying low. I’m sure most of us, if not all of us have someone in our lives that’s more vulnerable to this virus, we all need to do our part to flatten the curve.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My job isn't being shut down after latest announcement in PA. I install and monitor/calibrate automotive breathalyzers, so I've been wiping down with Clorox spray a lot. It'll be nice to give that a slight break. I ended up moving the 2 apts. that were scheduled for tues and wed to Friday and took vacation. So in these next 6 days I hope to really get after some oak I have laying on the ground at the bike shop boss' place. Little millin' and a whole lotta firewood to get. Plus sawing for my dad. He got permission from his neighbor to cut all he wants. I'll get some pics but there's lots to get there too.
Also hope to get some two wheel therapy. Both activities that don't involve interaction with others.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been working 50hour weeks. Have some scheduled tome off already so it worked out. Taking my wife and kids camping. Plenty of work to do around the house but it’s time to unplug
Definitely a good time to unplug and get some rest with the family

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
First, this thread is not about making light of the COVID19 situation or measures being taken to mitigate its spread. Instead it’s about what y’all are doing if you have some down time at home. Please don’t bring politics or any other BS into this.

I’m home because I am considered a “high risk” dude were I to get it so my employer sent me home and I’m on recall if needed. Since I have some time on my hands I decided to get started on firewood for next winter. Here’s what I got done before getting rained out up here in the northeast.

View attachment 231187
That's what spring looks like!
Currently 27* here
15847314798423687342154032492468.jpg

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
its been blowing like hell and rain/snow all day, so me and the boys have just been hangin around watchin movies in our pjs haha. weather looks a lot more tolerable the next several days so i hope to be able to have a lot more outside time.

Manofstihl661

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
its been blowing like hell and rain/snow all day, so me and the boys have just been hangin around watchin movies in our pjs haha. weather looks a lot more tolerable the next several days so i hope to be able to have a lot more outside time.

Been raining here today too. Don’t leave for camping til Sunday. Been watching Peter Pan with my boys. And trying to clean their room lol. Haven’t seen Peter Pan in forever

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
6:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got some milling done. This was a punky stick of walnut. Nice spalting...gonna stabilize it with resin and probably make knife handles.
Can't get any more pics to upload....I'm feeling an internet crash with all the people using it at once because everyone's home.

IMG_1123.JPG IMG_1126.JPG

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm retired and it's still a bit chilly so it's self quarantine .Occasionally like today get provisions ,40 gallons of cheap gas for the tractor.mowers etc .Fiddle around driving people nuts on FB and a little afternoon delight some times .I'm old not dead .It's not bad :)

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The WHO deemed my job important to sustaining life so I'm still working. My wife is a nurse so she is also! I have a 440 rebuild for a buddy that's a climber keeping me busy. Now I need parts! Hope they come in this afternoon! May do some splitting and stacking on Sunday.

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
4:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I'm retired and it's still a bit chilly so it's self quarantine .Occasionally like today get provisions ,40 gallons of cheap gas for the tractor.mowers etc .Fiddle around driving people nuts on FB and a little afternoon delight some times .I'm old not dead .It's not bad :)
if I knew I was going to live past my now age of 26 then I would have looked after myself better. I can't even 'get It up' anymore. J/K
I am double that age. Yeah Al... I am at least old enough to know what an 'Afternoon delight' is. The Song?
Good for you man.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got some milling done. This was a punky stick of walnut. Nice spalting...gonna stabilize it with resin and probably make knife handles.
Can't get any more pics to upload....I'm feeling an internet crash with all the people using it at once because everyone's home.

View attachment 231188 View attachment 231192

Yeh, me thinks the same.. lots working from home, lots of other peeps doing other stuff on the net... like gaming vids, movies etc.. the good thing or bad thing Netflix is lowering the quality..

live noticed this site sometimes taking longer to load./hanging..

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It was a realization today when I went into the grocery store in south England. I teared up for a bit, just the realization. Signs, continuous announcements on limitations. Shelves were bare.
I cry for the people, I don't cry for me. I mean, it was a bitçh to get rid of Corona the first time??? I'm isolated (as usual cutting now. If I see a wild bore on my felling quarter or otherwise then I'm going to bite 'im in the throat.
It will be a dog fight. It's instinct. I don't have to practice on sheep....er ...um.. unless I feel like Lamb tonight?

Last edited:

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 231188 View attachment 231192
Gonna be sweet handles man