TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
5:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My girlfriend and I are still working. She works for a local grocer in the evenings until the Spa she worked at reopens from its significant renovations...and I returned to the tree industry.

Our daughter remains home, where she is educated during the day by the lady, and at night by me. She keeps us pretty busy.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Me and the wifey are both working. My wife works at a small internet company and me for a hospital. Dont think I'm going anywhere UNTIL I get the damned thing. Its not a question of if, a question of when. We have no N 95 masks and the PAPE's dont work.
A hospital?????

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well you really can't do much anyway the way things are going down.I live out in the boondocks anyway ,am a loner and could be a hermit .What I won't be is celibate .
My lady needs some tests done at Cleveland clinic which is about 110 miles north east but the whole area is in lock down and the epicenter of the virus in Ohio .Ainta gonna go there maybe for a long while .It will either end or we won't live through it but other than hunker down not much you can do about it . To shoot all the bats in the world wouldn't do much,the horse already got out of the barn .

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am still working, I guess at least till the first positive employee is diagnosed or the government demands our closure.
Several of our employees have family members on house quarantine after those came back from some neighboring country this past week, a couple did not inform our company and kept coming to work - they got identified and have been ordered to go and stay home with 15 days payed leave.

I agree it is not a matter of IF, but simply a matter of WHEN one will get the virus.

I would like to postpone getting infected as long as I can - hopefully indefinitely.
Both my parents are aged past 70, both have above moderate health issues that would complicate things.
I do not want to be the source of any infection to them nor anyone else, I'd rather quit my job and lock down my yard with me and my loved ones in it.

If I get lucky and my workplace gets closed anytime soon (rumor is they will not shut down till the government demands it from them), I plan on using the time to process firewood (in my own yard), tinker on my saws, watch DVDs, get some work around the house done that I keep postponing, hang out on OPEForum, . . .
I am all set for a couple weeks, no problem.
TP, food and fuel is a no brainer either.

My ONLY worry is for my family and me to stay healthy/away from the virus!

qurotro

Cookie Cutter
Local time
4:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A nice red top dolmar;)
Dan can most likely get You red covers.
Although, I haven't checked in a long while whether they are still in stock.
I have a spare set.
15847846932311672314199.jpg

Red cylinder cover is left hand DeCo, but not pre drilled as can be seen in the above picture.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How are things Randy?

I'm just staying busy. Fencing to take advantage of the 40 acres of new grass we sowed in the fall when it's not raining, and working on saws when it is.

In all honesty, I'm worried. This virus is a game changer for us all. We must all take it seriously. Remember to think of the elders and those with a weak immune system. Stay home if at all possible.

PA Plumber

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Doing a little plumbing.

Been ground hog hunting with my son. Have 9 this year.
He is using some 12 gauge loads we put together with #2 shot scooting along about 1325 fps.
I'm tossing a little ole 36 grain Barnes Varmit Grenade out of a .223.
Have a couple of pics of 223 harvests but they are not for the queasy.

Today, hope to start working on an Exmark mower my son acquired. Needs a little TLC but maybe he can turn a few dimes on it.

Have been enjoying time with our family together.
Feels like Christmas break without the cold, money or traffic!

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm just staying busy. Fencing to take advantage of the 40 acres of new grass we sowed in the fall when it's not raining, and working on saws when it is.

In all honesty, I'm worried. This virus is a game changer for us all. We must all take it seriously. Remember to think of the elders and those with a weak immune system. Stay home if at all possible.
100% correct bud. I didn’t take it very serious at first, but now I am. Gotta do our individual parts to protect our communities

BangBang77

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The company I work for has been declared a Tier 1 / Tier 2 manufacturer as we are the world's largest producer of food and pharmaceutical grade plastic packaging. We are prevented by law from shutting down.

We have somewhere around 250 manufacturing sites globally and all are running at max capacity. We are also bringing some equipment online that has been mothballed for years.

I am fortunate to work in this industry and this company, one that has proven itself almost recession proof and dedicated to it's employees. If you walk down an aisle in Walmart or a grocery store, the majority of the food oackaging is ours - water, chips, dinners, meat, cheese, you name it, we make it. In a time where most people are eating from home versus going out, our customer orders have increased exponentially. Which is good for business but hard on the employees. They have stepped up admirably.

I am a Corporate Engineering Manager and work remotely from Oklahoma. As such, I am tasked with working from home at the moment. My travel has been reduced to keep me isolated. I have a heavy background in global operations management so I have been identified as part of the contigency plan to go in and run some of our plants anywhere in the world if local leadership becomes infected. I hope it doesn't come to that but with 50,000 employees across the globe, statistics show that we will get hit somewhere.

This virus shouldn't be taken lightly. Not by any means. If you can isolate you and your family, you should. Period.

Ignore the conspiracy theorists and tinfoil hats. And the window lickers partying on the beaches. This is real.

Stay safe brothers!