COVID19 Down Time Activities

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like sharp chains. That said, I've been loosing interest in sharpening them over the years. I've got a bunch hanging on a nail that I should get started on - maybe tomorrow...

I
I've got a fair amount my self that need repaired,rocks,nails etc.Some need cut down to shorter ,some cutters ,some drive lengths some are just plain junk .Some need a Dremel stone to bring a few cutters back and then a file .I'll get-er-done some day or not .

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
With the kids out for at least a few more weeks they wanted a fort. Used what I had here.View attachment 232972
Cup goes up ^

Same here.... lamb report.
Spring allergies started, too much rain and people in or around my castle all day is a pia. Used to quiet around here.

Ymmv

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
10-4...I’ve had good success with these Vortex 6-24x50 AO, 30mm scopes. Have them on several magnum as well as standard calibers. I’m sure this one will shine sitting on top of the .257 Weatherby Magnum with Talley unitized mounts.

My brother wont use any other scope or optics but vortex. Warranty can't be best. He dropped his gun on duty and they sent him a completely new scope no question or fault Lifetime warranty.

Wagnerwerks

I have yet to "suffer" from CAD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sort of on topic, do any of you Virginians know if notaries are open to transfer a vehicle title? Do I even need a notary in Virginia if I'm transferring it out of state to Pennsylvania?

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
1979 Grumman AA5B tiger. A little 4 seat bug smasher. It’s very responsive compared to cessna’s or pipers and will cruise at 135kts, lots of fun to fly.
Nice...buddy of mine has the same.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As far as the Weatherby Vanguard S2 series rifles...I don’t think you can buy a better $600, even less on some sites, rifle. Without the Vanguard/Vanguard S2 series, I think Weatherby knew they were on spent time, comparing apples to apples. Nobody wants to pay $1K-2K for a damn rifle. I own several Remington 700’s whether BDL or ADL’s, several Winchester model 70’s, several Browning A-Bolts, and Ruger bolt-actions.

I think the Weatherby Vanguard S2’s, whether Turkish Walnut stocks or the variants in synthetic stocks, are absolutely worth their weight in gold. Tack driving machines is what they are...I wouldn’t even dare say anything like this, if I hadn’t witnessed it myself. I have almost a dozen Weatherby Vanguard S2’s across several Weatherby Magnum calibers and standard calibers.

I know everybody has their gun mfg preference, and I get that, and there’s nothing wrong with that...I’m a gun hoe I guess across several mfg’rs.

I honestly don’t think you fellas can go wrong picking up a Weatherby Vanguard S2...pick your poison caliber. They’re Howa made actions, barrels, everything in the Vanguard S1/S2 series, simply stamped Weatherby.

Come hell or high water...these Weatherby Vanguard S2’s are go-getters, they’ll reach out and touch something...quick. Same can be said with many other bolt-actions.

I’d bet my life on these bolt-actions...I’ve seen and done some crazy killing *s-wordt in my Jarhead past.

Is what it is...I appreciate you folks taking a minute out of your time to read my *s-wordt...Semper Fi!

sawfun

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As far as the Weatherby Vanguard S2 series rifles...I don’t think you can buy a better $600, even less on some sites, rifle. Without the Vanguard/Vanguard S2 series, I think Weatherby knew they were on spent time, comparing apples to apples. Nobody wants to pay $1K-2K for a damn rifle. I own several Remington 700’s whether BDL or ADL’s, several Winchester model 70’s, several Browning A-Bolts, and Ruger bolt-actions.

I think the Weatherby Vanguard S2’s, whether Turkish Walnut stocks or the variants in synthetic stocks, are absolutely worth their weight in gold. Tack driving machines is what they are...I wouldn’t even dare say anything like this, if I hadn’t witnessed it myself. I have almost a dozen Weatherby Vanguard S2’s across several Weatherby Magnum calibers and standard calibers.

I know everybody has their gun mfg preference, and I get that, and there’s nothing wrong with that...I’m a gun hoe I guess across several mfg’rs.

I honestly don’t think you fellas can go wrong picking up a Weatherby Vanguard S2...pick your poison caliber. They’re Howa made actions, barrels, everything in the Vanguard S1/S2 series, simply stamped Weatherby.

Come hell or high water...these Weatherby Vanguard S2’s are go-getters, they’ll reach out and touch something...quick. Same can be said with many other bolt-actions.

I’d bet my life on these bolt-actions...I’ve seen and done some crazy killing *s-wordt in my Jarhead past.

Is what it is...I appreciate you folks taking a minute out of your time to read my *s-wordt...Semper Fi!
I've only met one Marine that wasn't a "gun hoe" and he was messed up in the head. Hell, he wanted to ban ALL guns period. Prolly from something that happened to him in Vietnam. I had one of the earlier Vanguards in 300 WBY and it was a shooter for sure. My 460, well that thing shoots almost like a varmint rifle, just a bit more push. If I do my part with handload. It will put a 350 grain Hornady roundnose under an 1 & 1/2 inches at 250 yards.

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finally got a "day off"...
Cleaned the fuel system on my splitter then had bunches o fun splitting up two sweet gums for a neighbor.
1d73124207088141d305137596ad6a96.jpg
3a056d73f5ebaf15ca99f7e9c00242f1.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Most definitely my weatherby vanguard has never let me down if there's something facing the business end of the barrel it's going down I've taken a lot of big game down with it and some of them I couldn't even believe that I even made the shot just because if I would have tried it with the savag 7mm I had it wouldn't of happened never had good luck with that one.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most definitely my weatherby vanguard has never let me down if there's something facing the business end of the barrel it's going down I've taken a lot of big game down with it and some of them I couldn't even believe that I even made the shot just because if I would have tried it with the savag 7mm I had it wouldn't of happened never had good luck with that one.
I ain’t never killed nothing bigger than black bear, deer and wild hogs (12 months a year here on the hog thang here in GA)...

I’d sure like a trip out to the mid-west, western areas, and see what one of my .257 Weatherby Magnums would do with elk. It’s a little under-caliber, the speed kills, but I think it would just blister his ass. I’ve never been privied to looking at elk, antelope, etc from miles away with spotting scopes. I’ve got the gear and the spotting scopes that’ll do it...

Maybe one day it’ll happen...but I don’t want it for me...I want it for my soon to be 29-yr old Navy F/A-18 Super Hornet Avionics/Electrician son. I wanna see him squeeze the trigger on a prize like that.

sawfun

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ain’t never killed nothing bigger than black bear, deer and wild hogs (12 months a year here on the hog thang here in GA)...

I’d sure like a trip out to the mid-west, western areas, and see what one of my .257 Weatherby Magnums would do with elk. It’s a little under-caliber, the speed kills, but I think it would just blister his ass. I’ve never been privied to looking at elk, antelope, etc from miles away with spotting scopes. I’ve got the gear and the spotting scopes that’ll do it...

Maybe one day it’ll happen...but I don’t want it for me...I want it for my soon to be 29-yr old Navy F/A-18 Super Hornet Avionics/Electrician son. I wanna see him squeeze the trigger on a prize like that.
Antelope is hard to get tags for. It took my buddy 8 years of putting in for it and getting preference points to be able to hunt. We have friends that have a herd or two that is regularly on their property. he shot at it at around 350 yards and grazed it. It took him 3 days to get within 150 yards of it, but he did and got the job done. It was a pretty exciting hunt hiding behind stacks of bales, tractors, hay wagons, and barns. It took him almost an hour just to describe the action. We shoot ground squirrels there.

hoskvarna

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I heard country singer Joe Diffy died from corona

Sent from Hoskey hilltop

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

.257 would be kinda small but up close if you got a clean head shot you'd be good elk are tuff son's. Lol

sawfun

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
.257 would be kinda small but up close if you got a clean head shot you'd be good elk are tuff son's. Lol
If its accurate enough you might do well with a head shot unless your after a trophy. Barnes X bullets might also help a smaller caliber out.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Barnes X, GMX, or Triple shocks (or a good old Partition or Accubond) ought to do in a 257 Weatherby, I'd just try for either spine or lung shots. Given the number of Elk who've succumbed to a .243, 257 Roberts, and .25-06, the Weatherby will do fine, when used appropriately. I will likely end up wit a .280AI or a 30-06 simply because, BUT, anything (for Me) between a 6.5x55 Swiss to a .375 H&H would do fine.

Leafy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Its going to be interesting to see how .277 fury turns out as a hunting round. Even being small caliber the first thing it ever killed was a Elk. But its a pissin hot round even on factory loads, so thats probably not much of a surprise.