COVID19 Down Time Activities

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
10:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Edited a couple posts to remove the political stuff.

The problem with allowing political talk is that it's divisive. Now more than ever the people of this country need to be united.
I couldn’t agree more!

Now, back to covid activities. First peek.
96CF33E9-DCAB-4BE0-8582-43C931D35954.jpeg
My smoker:
58399EBF-1FC8-4D36-8191-05E7ACE792DE.jpeg

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You should probably leave it off the forum completely, or take it to Arboristsite where they like this kinda *B-S.....
It wasn't my intent just a general statement pointing fingers at no one .I've found out one thing though some of you guys are really ouchy about things -----and I'll just leave it there .Except if you would be so kind as not to mention my name with regards to A-Site I would greatly appreciate it .Thank you in advance .

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
3:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
But 6 feet away from each other
And locked down..Just to go out for the necessities of life. Oh and exercise once per day We are allowed.

I did that. Got up at 3:30, had some morning time to myself. Started biking 5 miles to the yard at 5:45. We drove an hour and exercised on the saw 'till 4:00.
Drove back and biked back up the hills.
Falling partner dropped it on me on the way home saying he was going to talk to management about his concern about us being in the truck together for 2 hours a day? I said that is your choice if you don't want to. He can get a wage grant up to 80% as they just announced for self-employed this afternoon. I guess I have to learn how to drive on the left side of the road real soon.
I told him I would move to the town for the job and ride my bike their. Haha. The company would save money that way anyway.

Fishnuts2

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
9:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My covid days are pretty relaxing being I’m retired. But the other day I was working on a friend’s saw with no spark. And since I had one just like it, and the wife was out and about, I tried my hand at baking. The infamous blue coils of Pioneer.

She called on the way home when I’d been baking for 2 hrs. There was a hint of grease or something in the air from the oven, so I started up the George Foreman grill from dinner that hadn’t been cleaned yet. Got the coils down to the basement and by the time she pulled in there was a fair bit of grill smoke in the house so the oven wasn’t noticed. She berated me for trying to burn the grease off my little grill, but in the long run, it was worth it. 2 saws running now, and will try the 3rd tomorrow.
a9fa9ee174e8bc633a84591f47016fac.jpg

Thanks George!
ba6ce4001e070e43d0a8e5c46d808e60.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Took my rifle to the range on Tuesday and found out all the ranges in Australia are closed. Also found out I needed another rifle case, so on Wednesday after a medical visit, I stopped by the gun shop to pick up another rifle case.

I decided to also get a couple of boxes of .22. The lady behind the counter said that ammo was selling faster than toilet paper. Funny about that, all the ranges are closed...

The wife commented she could use some hand sanitizer. So I went into the bathroom and emptied a little sample squeeze bottle of hand lotion and filled it with 'methylated spirits' (95% ethanol). When I gave it to her, she asked if it would work. I told her it would work better than the overpriced 60% ethanol hand sanitizer.

Agent Smith

Hack of all trades
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We also need to start learning self sustainability and growing our own food. Its easy to put in a vegetable garden. Get in touch with your local farmers for meat. Support them and not these corporations. Get away from all this processed chemical ridden foods

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On that cooking I actually like to .I made a beef roast today with potatoes and onions .I'm not a wuss but I can sew also .I can also rebuild a bulldozer ,make a fair woods ported chainsaw and rebuild an automatic transmission if I have the parts and enough time .On the cooking there is not a Smith male in my family who can't cook .For that matter my two sisters who are retired nurses probably know more about automotive repairs than most men .They aren't good cooks .

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
9:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
On that cooking I actually like to .I made a beef roast today with potatoes and onions .I'm not a wuss but I can sew also .I can also rebuild a bulldozer ,make a fair woods ported chainsaw and rebuild an automatic transmission if I have the parts and enough time .On the cooking there is not a Smith male in my family who can't cook .For that matter my two sisters who are retired nurses probably know more about automotive repairs than most men .They aren't good cooks .

I actually had a girl over one time (before I was married), who after inspecting my my apartment at the time, gave e a confuse look, and inquire if I was gay!! I'm sure I had a hell of a look on my face when I asked her why the hell She'd ask a question like that? Her reply was: Well, you've got a nice place, it's clean, you have nice stuff, you're in your twenties and it looks like you actually know how to cook? I told her that I wasn't aware that a straight guy couldn't possess those traits!! LMAO. I've always loved cooking, as I enjoy good food, and I'm to cheap and/or broke to pay for it, so I learned how to do it myself. The irony's of life.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We had our first Corona case at my hospital and swabbed another, but I am off for a few so porting some saws, got a 394 almost done and a 357 and 346 to do this week yet I hope. Stay safe!
You and everyone else I know that are in health care are in my thoughts Dustin. Stay safe brochacho

Leafy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My state just closed non-essential businesses, the DOD and DHS have determined that my employer is essential, I'm thankfully able to work from home.

You guys sawing and splitting wood be extra careful, with how packed some of the hospitals are already getting. The last thing you want to do its become a trauma patient right now. You're going to end up laying on a folded up blanket in the hospital parking garage holding your fingers you cut off with the splitter in a bag for hours. And probably aren't going to end up being able to get into surgery to have them be reattached.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A word to work in a very safe manner is very timely in this situation we are in right now .Good advice-----I'm ahead of that game as I've done almost nothing .

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
3:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Read a text when I woke up a 3:00 this morning. Saying no work due to the coronaviris from management.

Due to my work partner refusing to ride in the truck together...all of the sudden he claims moral high ground one hour after the gov reached out to the 5,000,000 self employed
Company sent one of the workers home but my partner was sick and went back to the truck and sat on thus & fri.
He walked into the office and instantly got kicked to the outside. WOW!

Company told me to go ahead with what I suggested and find accommodations close what I can bike or cab to. Moreover: My invoice was denied and found out that my cheques are only 2/3 but with piece work insensitive...but with a co-op with him.
I found that out on Thus morn & he 'quit' Thus night.
This goes way back in the boxing wold.
It was the biggest insult If a Man did not show up to fight another Man. That was
the worse you could do to a Man is not fight him because that Man needed you to make a living.. If you had a broken hand or ribs then you showed up and likley would crumble. RESPECT! "Quit to fight another day" as they say in the boxing wold.
'Somebody' once again will work next to me and will be broken physically. The mental part is on them. We will be back to square one.

Last edited: