Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
8:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not quite sure I understand the graph. Why pick the point that the graphs cross? I thought you were looking for peak HP and Torque?

I only get to put 1 line per graph. Figured I would put the hp number up in the typical cutting range. Helps guess the peaks a bit better.

No real reason, just found it interesting.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's a weird one..

On stihls website a 462 is 6 horsepower.

But the R model is 5.9...

I guess wrap handles kill power.
I’ve seen where husky had the cc displacement of a 372 XP rated different than the 372 xtorq. They are both the same size motor

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The graphs are the same regardless, that’s just the point where Joe decided to put a line! LOL I don’t know if Joe has the ability to put two lines up, kind of a compromise! Not to get too sidetracked off the Dino, but it would be interesting to see what each saw ran like in comparison as they were, the echo have an advantage +9750 It would be faster if you didn’t dog it in. Anything less than cutting RPM is worthless right, 8K peak is pretty low
Grab a fast tach holder and stick it on your worksaw. You might be surprised what happens to RPM when you make face cuts with the saw felling a tree or start and stop a saw in the cut. Or when your bar starts jamming with chips. You need something to get you going to reach that desired rpm in the cut. Piss revving the saw wide open to 14k and slamming it into the log isn’t what is ideal. Especially when you got a hazard tree hanging over a road or your bucking a dirty firewood log trying to avoid dirt or rocks coming out of the bottom of the cut. I guess cutting cookies or racing in a cant must be a little different?

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
LOL.. Good one. I should just stick to running them I guess. There is alot I don't know...

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Grab a fast tach holder and stick it on your worksaw. You might be surprised what happens to RPM when you make face cuts with the saw felling a tree or start and stop a saw in the cut. Or when your bar starts jamming with chips. You need something to get you going to reach that desired rpm in the cut. Piss revving the saw wide open to 14k and slamming it into the log isn’t what is ideal. Especially when you got a hazard tree hanging over a road or your bucking a dirty firewood log trying to avoid dirt or rocks coming out of the bottom of the cut. I guess cutting cookies or racing in a cant must be a little different?
All I was saying is if you had the skill or ability to keep both saws above 9750 the echo would have an advantage. In a light load cant race or really soft wood, the echo could win despite being down on peak power. I personally prefer a saw with powder under the curve and believe the 5500-8k power is useful, I agree a saw will need to pull below its peak cutting rpm. Obviously any saw that stalls in the cut when transitioning angles in the cut is lacking power in the 6-8 k range and maybe below. I also knows guy that can stall a 90cc saw with a 20” bar in softwood, some people need all the help they can get! I know the v word! Lol

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is a big gain from a muffler mod. They must be really stuffy from the factory.

Not sure that was what it put out, one of those billet covers with the 1/2" npt screen plug thing.