Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
9:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On the dyno I’ve built, it’s very smooth running.

It’s got 3 bearing blocks.

2 of them hold the shaft. The drive sprocket is on the outside with no issues of deflection but can replace the chain if I needed to without taking the machine apart.

The pump housing has a bearing block and the pump itself is connected to the drive shaft by a love joy coupler.

This dyno uses a needle scale which doesn’t move much by vibration.

Would love to see a pic.

I plan on adding a 3rd bearing just to support the outer end of the sprocket side.

The absorber is very close to the inside bearing.

Seems the slippesd key is where my whipping motion came from. Should be much better with an end plug and the 3rd bearing

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Warm up for when the dyno parts show up.

Leadscrew repair, and new brass nut. Couple thread inserts too.. Put the work horse back together again.

20200712_150928.jpg

Dieselshawn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I designed this machine to be easy to use, reliable up to 15 hp or more. (Pump is good to 15 hp but I can bolt on a higher hp pump if I’d like to. Fits right in.)

Underneath is the oil drool catcher to keep the saws from dribbling oil on a shop floor if it were to be run inside the building.

The saw can be disassembled on the machine when doing modifications, test, modifications and more testing.

I could make the legs removable for easier transporting. But haven’t got that far once the machine started working, we all wanted to get using it right away. :rolleyes:

Smallest hp saw tested is the 026 stihl, stock, all original. 2 hp. I forget the tq.

Highest was my 660 at 8.7 I think.

We have ran this machine for several hours before and the numbers were always consistent even when the oil got warm.

That tank holds 20 litres of oil which helps control the temps.

I can use any scale to get readings. This was a hanging scale that we had laying around.

So far the dyno is just a hand calculated graph which is slower than computer. But works.

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Canadian Farm Boy had some of his saws on it.

One of them was amazing. A ms260 if I remember right.

Made somewhere over 5 horse (or 12.5 oink power for some of yous into pigs)
Yes sir we did. That ms260 was a Mofo ms260. Crazy strong little saw. I’ve still got it around here.