2nd Gen Ram Pickups

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
8:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ive got a few ideas to check already, but any thoughts on why my Ram would lose the instrument cluster after hitting a bump in the road? I confirmed the gauges still work using the procedure in the dodge service book and the warning light all come on, but it's like nothing in the truck is communicating with the IC.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
10:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ive got a few ideas to check already, but any thoughts on why my Ram would lose the instrument cluster after hitting a bump in the road? I confirmed the gauges still work using the procedure in the dodge service book and the warning light all come on, but it's like nothing in the truck is communicating with the IC.
Mine sometimes loses the center illumination bulb, and the cruise light only works occasionally..

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast, 288 collector
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wanna say headlight switch…that’s an Achilles heel

Hoser

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Check grounds and the connections to the cluster. If the truck still runs/drives as normal that already helps narrow the issue down. I’ve even seen another whack on the dash bring ‘em back

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast, 288 collector
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Check grounds and the connections to the cluster. If the truck still runs/drives as normal that already helps narrow the issue down. I’ve even seen another whack on the dash bring ‘em back
*dash turns to dust*

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Liberal cursing and whacks have been applied, cluster plugs were checked, truck runs, goes in gear, and drives but I'm not sure if the tranny will actually shift through the gears.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Liberal cursing and whacks have been applied, cluster plugs were checked, truck runs, goes in gear, and drives but I'm not sure if the tranny will actually shift through the gears.
Sounds like a bad ground somewhere. I don't know dodge's, but it makes sense electrically.

Hoser

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If it’s a 12 valve it only needs a battery to run. Ecm/ess only run accessories. I’m thinking it’s a ground or even more fun a wire rubbed somewhere

Hoser

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

This is an excellent source
By my reading check fuse 12 while you’re at it