p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
6:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If your piston is usable I would stick with it. Unless you stumble upon a better one, changing it out as you now know will be $$$.

I would avoid a kart piston with the bearings in it instead of in the rod. Recently had a .050” over 101B rebuilt. Only made a few cuts with it. Left it with the builder for some fine tuning. Wrist pin took a walk and scratched the cylinder while he was tuning it. Found that this is not uncommon. Terry Ives has oversized pins just for that. Now I have the choice of re-lining or boring to .100” over and looking for a needle in the haystack oversized piston.

Don’t know how my 101B would have performed when broken in, but fresh it was not a wow compared to my stock SP125Cs.

If you just want it done and are up to another 2 bills, then purchase this piston and rod and have US Chrome bore and plate your cylinder. Make sure you get the right rings for the plating. https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-RA...791092?hash=item591795edf4:g:S0kAAOSwOR9ba10x

Ron
That really sucks you didn't even get to run your 101. I will talk to Terry on Monday, and see what he recommends at this point. I just hate the idea of putting a used piston in a new bore, but if need be then so be it.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
8:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That really sucks you didn't even get to run your 101. I will talk to Terry on Monday, and see what he recommends at this point. I just hate the idea of putting a used piston in a new bore, but if need be then so be it.

I hear ya VeeP, if it's worth doing in the first place, then it's worth doing right the first time. ;)

Oh yeah, is it done yet? LOL

Seriously though take your time and get it right, I have just received in the mail the most expansive fuel line I've ever bought for my PM700. NOS and it is going to work and not be a leaker like the re-pops are.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hear ya VeeP, if it's worth doing in the first place, then it's worth doing right the first time. ;)

Seriously though take your time and get it right, I have just received in the mail the most expansive fuel line I've ever bought for my PM700. NOS and it is going to work and not be a leaker like the re-pops are.
Yeah it needs to be right the first time. It's just the way it is. It's all done and just fired it up lol. Going to need some details on this fuel line you got. I need one for a 10-10 I have here.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If your piston is usable I would stick with it. Unless you stumble upon a better one, changing it out as you now know will be $$$.

I would avoid a kart piston with the bearings in it instead of in the rod. Recently had a .050” over 101B rebuilt. Only made a few cuts with it. Left it with the builder for some fine tuning. Wrist pin took a walk and scratched the cylinder while he was tuning it. Found that this is not uncommon. Terry Ives has oversized pins just for that. Now I have the choice of re-lining or boring to .100” over and looking for a needle in the haystack oversized piston.

Don’t know how my 101B would have performed when broken in, but fresh it was not a wow compared to my stock SP125Cs.

If you just want it done and are up to another 2 bills, then purchase this piston and rod and have US Chrome bore and plate your cylinder. Make sure you get the right rings for the plating. https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-RA...791092?hash=item591795edf4:g:S0kAAOSwOR9ba10x

Ron
That sucks, did terry rebuild the rod install the piston or did someone else?

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
8:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

FleaBay

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My mention of the Wiseco high comp piston was in reference to my bud Louie and a conversation years ago of setting the transfer port heights .I've never seen any either but keep in mind a number of companies made parts for these things .That was in the 70's when my beard was the color of coal not snow .
For that matter there were full circle over stroke cranks and Horstman style rods but my goodness the amount of work it would take to adapt these even if you could find them .
Wiseco would make you any piston you want but you have to order maybe a dozen and damned they would be expensive .That leaves me out of the game .