heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
8:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I dug through the SP125 stash and it appears the carburetor that came off this was was in fact a Tillotson HS124 fixed high jet carburetor.

None the less, with the fully adjustable SDC the performance was enhanced, particularly since I normally run this saw with a short bar...

20220708_065928.jpg

20220708_070155.jpg

DSC03178%20(1).jpg

Mark

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Since it's been mentioned my 105 came with a fixed jet carb .I changed it to I think to a fully adjustable Tilley HS from a 125 .It certainly improved it .One of the service alerts tells they were used to try to save from lean runs .Which would equate to warrantee issues . If memory serves my two 125's ,one has a Tilley the other a Walbro . I'd have to check to be certain because they've been on the shelf for a long time .

Last edited:

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
6:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The fully-adjustable Tillotson for this platform is the HS-70. I believe it was the last fully-adjustable carb available for the 105/125. That being said, the semi fixed-jet carb isn't a "bad" carburetor,
you just don't get the high-winding revs out of it. It still runs a long bar just fine and has good power in the cut.

I have a whole box of the semi fixed-jet carbs so I'm going to experiment this fall with conversions.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's been some time since I've looked at the service notices but again if memory serves the fixed jet size was determined what by the elevation the unit was sold to .The 105 I mention came from I think Wisconsin where it sat for over 20 years in a repair shop unused .The elevation would not have been that much between there and northern Ohio .When I changed the carb I had to drill a hole in the side of the air box to get to the adjustable jet which I plugged the hole with a rubber plug .Now it's got the real closure thanks to Mark .Not bad only took about 15 years to find one . If memory again serves I think the fixed jet carb ended up on another saw ,either a 7-10 or a 700 .