High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Firewood thread!!! Let's see what you got!!!!

Lions fan

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I totally agree with you about the cost effectiveness of buying a load of logs. That's what I did years ago. The firewood for the landowners owb that I cut is pretty easy to do. Whether it's blowovers or dead standing trees, all I do is block them up to length. His nephew brings the tractor out to split and haul to the wood shed. I don't buy truck loads for my cabin because I can take all I want from this property. I have a small trailer but once I open my cabin up for the season I haul wood up most weekends so it adds up. I might also add that I love harvesting whole trees for firewood! It's enjoyable for me just to be out in the woods cutting up trees! There's also drawbacks to this, such as bugs, thorns , tripping over sticks and brush.
Not to mention how rough it is on equipment. Most everything I cut is in a fairly crowded woodlot and it takes a toll on trucks, tractors, trailers and atv's.

Hoser

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My main problem is more I don’t have a lot of equipment, just a one ton and a 4x4 1/2 ton. Using a tractor in the bush is 100 times more enjoyable.
I agree it is way more fun cutting trees down than working in a log pile. I still get to work in the bush a lot just I don’t get to keep the wood.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Answered fbmp add for a beastie mulberry. Got 2 truck/ trailer loads today. Sore doesn’t quite do it justice lol. This stuff is awesome firewood. XS365sp and SCarr 394.
242C3D5D-637E-4945-A2BA-0307D9F11366.png32741A56-F95F-4E6C-97B9-90392AC89E01.jpeg

Load 1;
D1B1E164-F5D6-465E-BD57-5E6D20FA4895.jpeg
B1BB264C-2B41-489F-9D6B-A4C9960E74D3.jpeg

Hit metal and rocks so I needed a break for lunch. It was only 10 miles from my place.

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
From Wiki:
Quercus montana, the chestnut oak, is a species of oak in the white oak group, Quercus sect. Quercus. It is native to the eastern United States, where it is one of the most important ridgetop trees from southern Maine southwest to central Mississippi, with an outlying northwestern population in southern Michigan. It is also sometimes called rock oak because of its presence in montane and other rocky habitats.

Most everyone I know calls it chestnut oak. Landowner was a previous boss/owner of a motorcycle shop I worked at. Became good friends w/ him and he's been letting me cut on his property for many years now. He has dead standing oaks everywhere on his mountain property.

Check this thread out: https://firewoodhoardersclub.com/forums/threads/new-oak-honey-hole.33521/
Just looked & liked it....that is CRAZY!
BRAVO BRO!!!:thumbup::dancer2:

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any of you guys burn maple…I don’t actively seek it, but I take loads from work and sometimes tree guys dump it….its not bad really, I use it in shoulder seasons, and if it’s cold out and I have a lot I put oak/hickory at the back of my boiler and fill in from with maple, free heat I ain’t complaining!!!