High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Firewood thread!!! Let's see what you got!!!!

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any of you guys burn maple…I don’t actively seek it, but I take loads from work and sometimes tree guys dump it….its not bad really, I use it in shoulder seasons, and if it’s cold out and I have a lot I put oak/hickory at the back of my boiler and fill in from with maple, free heat I ain’t complaining!!!
I think my town local park features maple, but I personally never had any to burn as firewood nor otherwise.

In my book every wood species will burn seasoned, if it is free take everything!

Lions fan

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sugar maple is king firewood in my neck of the woods. Silver and red maple are seen as OK but no one actively looks for it
Same thing here, Sugar Maple is the dominant native here and it is excellent firewood. Transplants like Silver, Norway and Red are nowhere near as good.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Hoser

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got some wood cut up and thrown together for gramps, he likes limbwood and ugly pieces.
I also finished off a truck and pup load of logs I got late last fall. Now I have about 15 cord to stack, yay

Attachments

• 3BCBDD4D-77D3-4AF4-83C6-01FE8C968752.jpeg
    3BCBDD4D-77D3-4AF4-83C6-01FE8C968752.jpeg
    169.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 22EF6A96-9873-40A3-88EE-CCBD8AE652A1.jpeg
    22EF6A96-9873-40A3-88EE-CCBD8AE652A1.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 5

J.Noss

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Answered fbmp add for a beastie mulberry. Got 2 truck/ trailer loads today. Sore doesn’t quite do it justice lol. This stuff is awesome firewood.
Mulberry is awesome firewood, makes a nice fireworks show too when I open the door to load more in. :rocket2:
But thanks to you for this post, I never even considered FBmp as a place to look (never had an account) and then because you posted this I went on and found a guy about 5mi from me that had a good bit of red maple and this one other wood (which I have no clue what it is) already cut up and I was able to get 2 big loads of today and more still there yet to go and he's also got a 32" white oak that he had a tree service fall and now I'm free to come take all of it. It's easily a full cord probably more like 2 when I get it all. I told him to take the ad down that I'll take everything.. burning 20+ cord per winter (at 23 cord already just this last year) I need all I can find.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mulberry is awesome firewood, makes a nice fireworks show too when I open the door to load more in. :rocket2:
But thanks to you for this post, I never even considered FBmp as a place to look (never had an account) and then because you posted this I went on and found a guy about 5mi from me that had a good bit of red maple and this one other wood (which I have no clue what it is) already cut up and I was able to get 2 big loads of today and more still there yet to go and he's also got a 32" white oak that he had a tree service fall and now I'm free to come take all of it. It's easily a full cord probably more like 2 when I get it all. I told him to take the ad down that I'll take everything.. burning 20+ cord per winter (at 23 cord already just this last year) I need all I can find.
That’s great! I only somewhat frequent Craigslist anymore. Seems like FBMP took over. I’m on there looking for close scores of the species I want daily. Been doing it for years too, found some dandy’s!!
Mulberry does indeed snap, crackle and pop. I love it. I’ll drop whatever doing for black locust, mulberry, hickory(hopefully shaggy) and a couple others. I end up finding huge monsters that normal folk can’t process.