vrex

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Clonewars...

Farmertec sells the John Cutter 25,4cc Top Handle for 30 Buck's!

https://www.farmertec.com/25-4cc-Jo...-Without-Saw-Chain-and-Guide-Bar-p720560.html

The knk one looks like a 2511 on the flywheel side, but it’s got a double bar stud on the PTO, which makes me think it’s a fabricobbled 2511 of different parts. I’ve seen the zenoah clones that Jon cutter and all the others sell, and while it’s 25.4cc, that doesn’t mean they mapped/copied the echo cylinder (which, yea China knock off, you get what you get). The neotec one looks like a more faithful repro, like they do with 372/660/395 etc clones. I’d go in for a knockoff 2511, but a mishmash 25cc top handle doesn’t do it for me. At least a somewhat accurate 2511 knockoff would give the opportunity (as @Ketchup pointed out to me) for cheap spares of some things (cases, covers, etc)

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Looking at way to many of the 25.4cc saw listings there appear to be 4 claimed variations, ranging from power levels of 800w to 1100w in 100w increments.
No I am not doing the searches for the different ones again.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Two weeks ago local supermarket had "their brand" top handle 2 stroke chainsaw with 3 year warranty for 90€.
Can't beat that!
If anything goes wrong with the saw You drop it of at the supermarket, if it is not fixed within 45 days You can claim a full refund.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
2:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I made a pile of cookies tuning yesterday. Previously to tuning my spark plug and muffler showed Rich/fat on the tune and it seemed underpowered. Here is the conclusion I came to. Correct me if I’m wrong. I had the mistaken idea that it should be tuned to 4 stroke out of the cut. Or, just lean enough to not 4 stroke while loaded in the wood. That’s how it was set. Tuned that way I could never get it to 4 stroke consistently out of the wood. I ended up tuning in the wood going leaner and leaner and lifting occasionally to check for 4stroke. Seems to 4stroke reliably when lifted while cutting but not when revved clear free of wood. Seems much better now, we will see next time I have to go up in the bucket. @Ketchup @huskihl @Stump Shot

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
3:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I made a pile of cookies tuning yesterday. Previously to tuning my spark plug and muffler showed Rich/fat on the tune and it seemed underpowered. Here is the conclusion I came to. Correct me if I’m wrong. I had the mistaken idea that it should be tuned to 4 stroke out of the cut. Or, just lean enough to not 4 stroke while loaded in the wood. That’s how it was set. Tuned that way I could never get it to 4 stroke consistently out of the wood. I ended up tuning in the wood going leaner and leaner and lifting occasionally to check for 4stroke. Seems to 4stroke reliably when lifted while cutting but not when revved clear free of wood. Seems much better now, we will see next time I have to go up in the bucket. @Ketchup @huskihl @Stump Shot

I pay zero attention to 4stroking on these. They just sound LOUD. I tune the L and T for best idle and throttle response, then go straight to the log. Start my cut, then turn the H while cutting until I hit the best performance. Done.