High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Firewood thread!!! Let's see what you got!!!!

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What kinda nest is that? o_O

Those are bald faced hornets. They pack a punch if you mess with them, but they catch mosquitoes and flies so I like to leave them alone if I can. I don't need that wood until after the frost, so they're welcome to stay there until then.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was going to be all formal and make a thread introducing myself (I still will) but I just spent however many hours reading through this whole thread, so I figured I'd go ahead and throw up a few pictures of part of my firewood piles.

I had to chuckle reading through this thread, because people around here say I have alot of wood, but after seeing some of the stacks on here, I'm an amateur! Lol! Well let's see if I can get some pictures to show up!

DSCF0185.JPG DSCF0186.JPG DSCF0187.JPG DSCF0188.JPG

I think that worked! I'm not real good at knowing my species of trees, but I've got a general idea of what I got.

The first 2 rows have mostly Locust, some Hackberry maybe, and possibly a touch of Cedar as well. There could even maybe be a little bit of Elm as well. The third one is the same mix on the right end, and the other end is Cottonwood. Fourth pile is Cottonwood, Cedar and I'm pretty sure the long lengths on top are Locust.

Each row is approximately 5 cord, except the last one obviously.

I also have about 5 cord more of Cottonwood in a wood shed, and 1.5 cord of Elm and Locust in another shed.

Last edited:

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice! What saws do you run?

I have several and literally use them all! They are all listed in my signature. My go to's are my 461's. One is wearing a 28 inch Stihl bar and Stihl semi-chisel (RM I think), full house chain, and the other runs an 32" Oregon reduced weight bar, with Oregon JGX chain. Both have muffler mods and that's it.

I keep the 660 for going after stumps, and trunks. It wears a 36" Stihl bar and Stihl RS full house chain. It also has a muffler mod and will soon have a Max-Flow on it.

All my Macs run, and I use them occasionally. More-so the 10-10's and 555 than the 610's. The 610's were my first saws, so they stay around for nostalgic reasons. I usually break out the Macs when there's a bit of bucking to do on smaller logs, 12" or so, and under.

I'll get some pictures this week and post them in my introduction thread I plan on doing.