High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Firewood thread!!! Let's see what you got!!!!

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been working up some white oak myself. Sure am glad that I don't have to wrestle any rounds that big! This stuff was perfect for testing out a Jonsered 2159 that followed me home a couple weeks ago with its little brother, a 2152. rps20190805_223136_461.jpg

Hoping to get it all split sometime in the next few days.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The best!
No thorns here...all yard trees never browsed on. Straight tall mfr's. I'm going to eyeball them for floor boards and in ground large post.

I found a tree limb of osage. Might have found an over 10' osage log clear at 50". I'm told this stick came off of the same tree as this fat log. Saw the log years ago but had no idea what it was. It was cut approximately fifteen years ago. No bark, no rot and all clear.

Got a call about some large cedar but never heard back this week.

Oh yeah....I got a go... forgot all about the two cords of white oak pile near by. He has up to two foot by two foot rounds...sweet stuff wished I had it in eight to ten foot logs or longer.

Checked the dead red oak lands in Tabernacle. Forty cords of standing/falling dead trees 18" to 60ft or so.
That would be great if you can get some of those, I have a few sticks of locust here I hope to get milled up but they aren't very big so a bandsaw mill is the way to go if you want any yield from them.
Seems you have plenty of work lined up for the future.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I always seem to be a little disappointed after measuring my stacks from a fresh hoard. It feels like more when you are hauling it home. Lol. So I've learned to guess conservative.

This was one of the only times I've impressed myself. Pic is from many years ago as my son is now 19. I full on hoarded apple when it was $1 for a permit to cut all you want. I ended up w/ 16 cord!
View attachment 191639

I don't think you can truly appreciate the amount of work involved processing apple orchard wood. There's a ton of limbing, some above shoulder height, just to get to the base. And the orchard owners want you to throw all the limb wood in a decently straight row.
View attachment 191640

View attachment 191641
I try to go by weight on green wood as its a good indicator, and by the trailer load on dead standing wood. The hardest is on logs that are not cut to a particular length and they have been laying there for a while. But even though I've done many cord I try to be more on the conservative side myself.
Pretty sure I can appreciate it, and tgats why I don't cut any apple ;). We have many orchards around this area and a friend's family owns one of the largest ones and a guy I drove truck with many yrs owns another large one, I don't even consider asking them if I can cut there trees, let alone pay them to cut them :p. I cut a lot of invasive trees and get paid to do it, they actually burn well and very little splitting involved, but I would rather not cut them all into 16" for firewood so on the burn pile they go. I have few small 35cc rear handle saws just for that purpose. One day I forgot them at home and had to use the ported 241 and a 4300 to cut for many hrs, I was cramping up pretty bad that night :eek:.
You should come up this way, you could probably cut a bunch of Apple at the orchards and go riding at Gingerman or Gratton Raceway, both are pretty decent road courses, Gratton is only 20 min from my house and about 10min from the larger orchard :D

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I try to go by weight on green wood as its a good indicator, and by the trailer load on dead standing wood. The hardest is on logs that are not cut to a particular length and they have been laying there for a while. But even though I've done many cord I try to be more on the conservative side myself.
Pretty sure I can appreciate it, and tgats why I don't cut any apple ;). We have many orchards around this area and a friend's family owns one of the largest ones and a guy I drove truck with many yrs owns another large one, I don't even consider asking them if I can cut there trees, let alone pay them to cut them :p. I cut a lot of invasive trees and get paid to do it, they actually burn well and very little splitting involved, but I would rather not cut them all into 16" for firewood so on the burn pile they go. I have few small 35cc rear handle saws just for that purpose. One day I forgot them at home and had to use the ported 241 and a 4300 to cut for many hrs, I was cramping up pretty bad that night :eek:.
You should come up this way, you could probably cut a bunch of Apple at the orchards and go riding at Gingerman or Gratton Raceway, both are pretty decent road courses, Gratton is only 20 min from my house and about 10min from the larger orchard :D
I'd love to live in the Wolverine State! Every time we travel to A2 we feel at home. Not sure i could go somewhere the 2 wheel season is shorter. I do really want to see the Picture Rocks. It’s on my short list of places to ride to.

Hit up the partially blown down Mulberry this evening. Darn thing doesn’t want to fall!
D2428615-75BA-474F-A2A7-81CD89096E28.jpeg
65729835-57DE-4714-AFEA-CBDDA37B87BB.jpeg
FD441C3E-2E8B-4274-A98C-4D9D06457C58.jpeg
DB9562F0-685F-4E2B-A518-976F19B6AD9B.jpeg

This pic shows how this species changes color with seasoning. It cuts yellow then seasons reddish.
77EF65DE-8F95-44B2-9B5F-10328A597D4B.jpeg

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd love to live in the Wolverine State! Every time we travel to A2 we feel at home. Not sure i could go somewhere the 2 wheel season is shorter. I do really want to see the Picture Rocks. It’s on my short list of places to ride to.

Hit up the partially blown down Mulberry this evening. Darn thing doesn’t want to fall!
View attachment 194079
View attachment 194080
View attachment 194082
View attachment 194083

This pic shows how this species changes color with seasoning. It cuts yellow then seasons reddish.
View attachment 194081
Come on up, you can always head south with the trailer and bikes to ride :).
What's A2?
That's crazy, you need a rope, I know you have a truck!

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 194079
View attachment 194080
View attachment 194082
View attachment 194083

View attachment 194081
Hard to believe A2 and Pictured Rocks are in the same state. I like the Wolverines, but my fandom ends there.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hard to believe A2 and Pictured Rocks are in the same state. I like the Wolverines, but my fandom ends there.
Lol. It gets a little fanatical around here during the season. Walking into the everyday stores and seeing Wolverine swag instead of the Quaker-like stuff around here is awesome. Plus I typically get to stop in ohio to take a dump along the way. Happy happy. :ciappa: Someone say upper deck? :eusa_dance: :eusa_whistle:

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol. It gets a little fanatical around here during the season. Walking into the everyday stores and seeing Wolverine swag instead of the Quaker-like stuff around here is awesome. Plus I typically get to stop in ohio to take a dump along the way. Happy happy. :ciappa: Someone say upper deck? :eusa_dance: :eusa_whistle:
When I'm at the inlaws I always visit the buckeye tree by the garage :D.
Honestly I find it just like the husky stihl debate, you say one is the best and that's that, I'm gonna start saying I like the other :aaaaa:. The main difference is in regards to the game I couldn't care who wins:risas3:.

Last edited:

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been working up some white oak myself. Sure am glad that I don't have to wrestle any rounds that big! This stuff was perfect for testing out a Jonsered 2159 that followed me home a couple weeks ago with its little brother, a 2152. View attachment 193963

Hoping to get it all split sometime in the next few days.
Nice load.
Those are a couple great saws, I have a 2152 I keep forgetting to pick up at a buddies. What's funny is I have his ported 359 with a 357 top sitting here on a shelf(not where I would normally keep that saw) and the other day I was looking at it like where did that come from and what is it. Maybe I need to put some stickers on all my saws to remind me what they are lol.