High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Firewood thread!!! Let's see what you got!!!!

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Damn man you have a nice set-up.... I tell ya I hate that these ash trees are dieing, but atleast we can use the wood !!!.... How many dead ash do you have on your property....

I tell ya I wish I had more equipment, I could make decent money, and have more wood that I could ever burn.... Had a guy call me yesterday maybe 4-5 miles from my house, he has 75+- dead ash.... He said if I wanted I could have them all....I am no seasoned feller by ANY means, and dropping the ash with dead limbs scares me to quite honest....

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I wish I could call it mine, I'm just the property caretaker. Most of the toys belong to the property. The nice truck and trailer, the kawasaki mule, and the tractor... amongst other things. As far as how many dead ash trees, that question will make one's head real. Every time I look I find another hiding in a thick stand of trees lol. Its only fifteen acres so I'll there can't be that many more hiding. So I don't have an official number by any means. Off the top of my head there's at least 13 more looming over the llama/emu fences that I'm trying to save. At least ten leaning towards the driveway and these are getting into the wooded part of the property, so they're bigger. Haven't even begun to count through the woods, but their are at least ten giants with dead crowns hanging out above the canopy

Place was logged in the seventies and they did a good job spacing out the new growth so there are some impressively frightening tall scary specimens dropping their crowns. Most of these I just don't go near and say my prayers every time I brave the driveway. It's like a war zone of falling branches and snapping trunks. I'm no seasoned feller either, and dropping them scares me as well. Should scare anyone with a brain really. They are like ticking time bombs, a lot with snags already snapped off and hung on branches, either their own or neighboring trees. I tried to start removing them two years ago, but the owner didn't understand. She thought they'd turn into woodpecker and owl condominiums like the old hollowed out maples on site. I tried to explain the the ash trees wouldn't age like that. Now she knows as they've rotten enough they're starting to randomly snap off. Sometimes four to six feet off the ground, sometimes thirty five to forty feet up. Scary stuff.

So now I'm risking life and limb to try to get rid of them. Still better to be under them one last time with a chainsaw than continue to mow and walk under them on a regular basis otherwise. It's also easier to remove the fencing and put it back than try to straighten it out after it gets crushed. The worst part is having to beg a friend to come spot. Leaves me indebted to go help work on their places lol.

Dead ash trees everywhere...

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I wish I could call it mine, I'm just the property caretaker. Most of the toys belong to the property. The nice truck and trailer, the kawasaki mule, and the tractor... amongst other things. As far as how many dead ash trees, that question will make one's head real. Every time I look I find another hiding in a thick stand of trees lol. Its only fifteen acres so I'll there can't be that many more hiding. So I don't have an official number by any means. Off the top of my head there's at least 13 more looming over the llama/emu fences that I'm trying to save. At least ten leaning towards the driveway and these are getting into the wooded part of the property, so they're bigger. Haven't even begun to count through the woods, but their are at least ten giants with dead crowns hanging out above the canopy

Place was logged in the seventies and they did a good job spacing out the new growth so there are some impressively frightening tall scary specimens dropping their crowns. Most of these I just don't go near and say my prayers every time I brave the driveway. It's like a war zone of falling branches and snapping trunks. I'm no seasoned feller either, and dropping them scares me as well. Should scare anyone with a brain really. They are like ticking time bombs, a lot with snags already snapped off and hung on branches, either their own or neighboring trees. I tried to start removing them two years ago, but the owner didn't understand. She thought they'd turn into woodpecker and owl condominiums like the old hollowed out maples on site. I tried to explain the the ash trees wouldn't age like that. Now she knows as they've rotten enough they're starting to randomly snap off. Sometimes four to six feet off the ground, sometimes thirty five to forty feet up. Scary stuff.

So now I'm risking life and limb to try to get rid of them. Still better to be under them one last time with a chainsaw than continue to mow and walk under them on a regular basis otherwise. It's also easier to remove the fencing and put it back than try to straighten it out after it gets crushed. The worst part is having to beg a friend to come spot. Leaves me indebted to go help work on their places lol.

Dead ash trees everywhere...
Damn man that is no joke, you got a dangerous situation.... Ya I got a guy right now that has 75 dead ones.... I haven't went to look yet, but as we talked on the phone I could tell he understands the danger of felling them....from 30 feet in the air it doesn't take a big chunk of wood to cripple, disable, or kill you instantly.... And you also sound like me as far as cutting alone.... I don't neccasarily like it, but I also can't stand cutting with someone who brings a saw in the woods with 3-year old gas, dull ass chain, then wants to sharpen it first thing!!!

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dangerous indeed, but hey... gives me a good excuse to run my saws. With fresh mix and sharp chains of course Another storms blowing in now, so we shall see which ones may be next!
IMG_3029 copy.JPG IMG_3181 copy.JPG IMG_3183 copy.JPG

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow, that is literally like a game of pick up sticks.... As Steve would say danger, danger, danger!!!!!! Lol

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had some friends with a bucket truck come in to snag some hard to safely get hazard trees. They did a great job getting it to the ground and I of course was the cleanup crew. They'll be back next week with a crane to snag the remaining stem and a couple more while they're here. Quickly running out of room to stack the rounds by the firewood pile lol... IMG_3703.JPG IMG_3704.JPG IMG_3706.JPG IMG_3708.JPG IMG_3712.JPG
The snagged up blown over rock hard dead elm was quite the special treat to cut on the ground. Was giving them quite the headache trying to free it from the dense canopy, but they got it all safely to the ground.

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey good deal man, glad they got some of the dangerous ones.... Ya I bet you will have a huge ass ash pile for a few years!!!

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm going to be a splitting machine once it cools off and try to sell some of it. Simply for the fact it'd rot by the time we got to it otherwise. Much like the rotting piles of ash logs that were on site when I arrived, creates other problems I would much rather avoid.

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hear ya on splitting the wood.... It is so damn hot, makes me not want to cut wood out in the sun....

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got the rest of the wood on the trailer the day before yesterday, then everything hit the fan and there it still sits, hopefully can get it unloaded this afternoon...IMG_3716.JPG IMG_3717.JPG

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol there is never enough time is there lol!!!

Stihlsmoking

City Hillbilly
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm going to be a splitting machine once it cools off and try to sell some of it. Simply for the fact it'd rot by the time we got to it otherwise. Much like the rotting piles of ash logs that were on site when I arrived, creates other problems I would much rather avoid.

What part of Cincy. I'm in east gate area?

Stihlsmoking

City Hillbilly
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Loveland area. Have to have us a mini Cincinnati GTG some time. Plenty of wood to cut on here!

Yeah that's not far I have a few saws nothing special or ported.
So you just take care of the rich folks in Loveland/Indian hills property.

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good family friend. Closer to Goshen than Indian Hill. Old family property that's been handed down. Definitely not all I do, but there's been a few major projects that have consumed the majority of my time lately. Originally came to fix the deck, stayed for the trees in this little slice of paradise. I'm a full time carpenter/re modeler/craftsman of all sorts/traveling barista on occasion. Running stock saws myself, but they're still special.

Stihlsmoking

City Hillbilly
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My mom and step dad live outside of morrow.
If you need a hand sometime shoot me a pm might be able to help out?

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not often you need the twelve foot pole pruner to limb up a fallen branch. Talk about a tangled mess of spring poles and crushed red buds I was trying to save.
IMG_3754.JPG IMG_3755.JPG IMG_3757.JPG IMG_3759.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3767.JPG
    IMG_3767.JPG
    368.7 KB · Views: 6