High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Firewood thread!!! Let's see what you got!!!!

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah between chainsaws for fun and nonstop remodeling work I don't have much down time. Most everything is cut with my DCS6401(Makita) but I also have newer to me MS200T and 394xp for those special times the Makita isn't suited for. In the process of rebuilding a 034 for the ranch I work at a lot and a 044 for a friend. If and when I find the time it sure will be nice having the 034 as a lighter weight limbing saw to handle all the small stuff.

Wow sounds like you are busy... How do you like your 394xp.... What size if bar do you have on her, and has she served you well.... I haven't got the chance to run one of those yet!!!!

KiwiBro (deleted)

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
FWIW, if anyone needs covers for their firewood and gear, it might be worth approaching a signage/advertising place that erects those PVC billboards and the like. They sell them off really cheap here. I just bought a heap of 12mx3m (I guess that's about 36'x9') PVC billboards for about $25each. The PVC is heavy duty.

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow sounds like you are busy... How do you like your 394xp.... What size if bar do you have on her, and has she served you well.... I haven't got the chance to run one of those yet!!!!

Well that's the newest to me saw and we're still getting to know each other. Came from a farmer in the central Ohio plains, so it was rode hard and put away wet. Still has the 24" bar that came with it, which is some what of a joke for it. The chain that was on it was immediately retired. Random tooth size and super low grabby rakers. I think that's why the ol farmer had such a large power head for the shorter bar, he just powered through it. It's maiden voyage after coming home and getting its first ever cleaning and a new chain was to block down some massive white oak rounds a friend had sitting at his place for quite a while. Three and a half feet on average, bar fully buried noodling right through giant knots like it was nothing. Pretty sure my buddy's jaw hit the floor as he had no idea what that beast is capable of in 100% stock form. I of course had already read up on here and new how people sung praises about the mighty 394xp so I was just grinnin ear to ear. Of course now that I've used it a few times its going to be the next saw to hit the bench and has been put on the only if I absolutely need it back up list until then.

What part of Indiana are you in? If you're close to Cinci or ever passing through we could have ourselves a mini get together to give you a chance to run a legend of a saw.

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well that's the newest to me saw and we're still getting to know each other. Came from a farmer in the central Ohio plains, so it was rode hard and put away wet. Still has the 24" bar that came with it, which is some what of a joke for it. The chain that was on it was immediately retired. Random tooth size and super low grabby rakers. I think that's why the ol farmer had such a large power head for the shorter bar, he just powered through it. It's maiden voyage after coming home and getting its first ever cleaning and a new chain was to block down some massive white oak rounds a friend had sitting at his place for quite a while. Three and a half feet on average, bar fully buried noodling right through giant knots like it was nothing. Pretty sure my buddy's jaw hit the floor as he had no idea what that beast is capable of in 100% stock form. I of course had already read up on here and new how people sung praises about the mighty 394xp so I was just grinnin ear to ear. Of course now that I've used it a few times its going to be the next saw to hit the bench and has been put on the only if I absolutely need it back up list until then.

What part of Indiana are you in? If you're close to Cinci or ever passing through we could have ourselves a mini get together to give you a chance to run a legend of a saw.

Hell ya sounds like a beast.... I am around Muncie Indiana....yes I have heard a lot of praises on this saws too!!!

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Heating wood. I have lived in this forest for 26 years now and enjoy it. Run a Miller Mod 390xp and that will put a smile on your face also.

Attachments

• IMG_7289.JPG
    IMG_7289.JPG
    337.2 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_7292.JPG
    IMG_7292.JPG
    303.8 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_7290.JPG
    IMG_7290.JPG
    362.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_7293.JPG
    IMG_7293.JPG
    357.4 KB · Views: 115

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Heating wood. I have lived in this forest for 26 years now and enjoy it. Run a Miller Mod 390xp and that will put a smile on your face also.

He nice stacks... I like how you don't criss cross your ends and just kind of mound the ends up!!!.

Wow I bet your saw is a beast, how long have you had the ported saw???

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He nice stacks... I like how you don't criss cross your ends and just kind of mound the ends up!!!.

Wow I bet your saw is a beast, how long have you had the ported saw???
I bought the 390xp from him about 3 months ago. Not had a problem and it pulls strong. Carl is a great guy to deal with!

Cliff

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No it's a mastermind 066 and a mastermind 361, you can make a lot of firewood quick! It's all handsplit. I love splittin firewood, it's good excersise. Thanks!

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No it's a mastermind 066 and a mastermind 361, you can make a lot of firewood quick! It's all handsplit. I love splittin firewood, it's good excersise. Thanks!

Oh wow I bet the 066 is a beast...I bet the 361 is awesome too.... I have a ms362, and I have heard some people like the 361 better.... I like my 362 and I have never ran a 361....

I tell ya I don't mind hand splitting some, but I love my old splitter!!!

RParrotte85

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Wow you got a lot of wood.... I bet you won't have a problem selling any this fall/winter.... What kind of wood is it you sell???
That's not even all of it! There's quite a mix in there: ash, maple, beech, oak, birch, cherry.

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's not even all of it! There's quite a mix in there: ash, maple, beech, oak, birch, cherry.

I have never cut much beech, does it burn like ash or oak????is it really hard???

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
image.jpeg Well I finally got around to bucking up some big elm pieces.....planned on giving the ms461 a good work out til I hit a damn nail with my brand new 25"bar and chain.... So I got out the trusty ms290 and buried her 20" bar in elm, hell I even noodled with her.... Some of the pieces were over 25" too...its a lot easier for me to mess up the ol ms290 than my ms461 LOL!!!

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Pics of my next job.... A lot of red and white oak here.... Also some ash and hickory.... A good mix of hardwoods for the next few years anyway..... I always like to have a few jobs lined up so I don't have to worry about running out of wood!!!!

Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like a hell of a work out for a ms290. Probably would've taken you less time to hand file that chain then noodle those things! 290 stock or modded?

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like a hell of a work out for a ms290. Probably would've taken you less time to hand file that chain then noodle those things! 290 stock or modded?

Yes it was a pain fixing the chain.... But rather than use the 25" B&C I grabbed the ms290....

The ms290 just has a muffler mod, but she runs great.... I also have a safety chain on it that I ground down the safety humps, and it's the saw and chain set up I use on wood that does, or could have metal in it....I like to try and only use the one set-up for nasty wood, so I can keep everything thing else good....

And for whatever reason I am very strict on how I like my chains.... I like hand sharpening them, and keeping the always up to par and ready to cut..... I always hated goin to cut with someone and the first thing the do is have to sharpen their chain LMAO.... I guess that's why I like to cut alone!!!!