Echo 501P. Let's play!

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow. Ok. Looked a little longer on saw 2.
Excuse me please. Lol

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
9:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I'd be curious to run one of yours and Dad's muffler modded MS261 back to back in cuts like that and see just how different they ran from a feel perspective. Bang for the buck, that might be near unbeatable. I'll always be partial to the 346xp and the 550xp is quickly growing on me, but that's a hell of a deal at that rate! I may steer a good friend in that direction as that may end up being all of the saw he'd need (once ported) and the un-ported break-in time would be an ample learning opportunity for him to develop skills and knowledge before turning up the wick.

Miller Mod Saws

Chainsaw Masseuse
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd be curious to run one of yours and Dad's muffler modded MS261 back to back in cuts like that and see just how different they ran from a feel perspective. Bang for the buck, that might be near unbeatable. I'll always be partial to the 346xp and the 550xp is quickly growing on me, but that's a hell of a deal at that rate! I may steer a good friend in that direction as that may end up being all of the saw he'd need (once ported) and the un-ported break-in time would be an ample learning opportunity for him to develop skills and knowledge before turning up the wick.
Well both of these will be for sale when I'm done. Now that said. The little echo is a nice little saw. I like them all. Lol. Each and everyone one of theses pro grade 50cc saws has its advantages and disadvantages.

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Miller Mod Saws

Chainsaw Masseuse
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have start a compagnie in november and for this i bought a 501p , so now i have put arround 400 hour on this saw . Very nice little saw very economic on gasoline . But i notice some probleme with the new starter in winter comparatively to the 500p starter If i want to use the saw in snow i have to run it with the 500p starter...... And i broke the coil because of a impact , i want to know what the difference is if i put a coil of an old 500p into my 501p
This is a question for @WSE15 or @fordf150. I've had no issues with the recoil on either saw. But these are the only 2 I've played with. Let's see what they have to say.

Miller Mod Saws

Chainsaw Masseuse
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok guys I wanna give ya my opinion. I got both saws broke in and going. The saws cut neck and neck with each other. The 110 saw would hold its rpm better the 108 saw was snappier and limbed better.

Miller Mod Saws

Chainsaw Masseuse
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I tore the 108 saw apart and went 107/124-127/81. Wow this made the saw a little screamer. That said it went backwards in the big wood but picked up in the little wood.

Miller Mod Saws

Chainsaw Masseuse
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So at this point I kept going but I started hacking on the piston. And when I say I went backwards it was in the big wood. I used the piston to lower the intake to 85. Thinking more fuel may bring it back. Nope then I trimmed the top of the piston to shorten up the blowdown. Nope even worse. At this point though the saw was a screamer and limbed like no other. But I killed it in the big wood.