JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
5:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Like title states. Ok here we go.:D I was gonna rebuild this till i figured i was over it. Its not really bad but has some issues. Lots of pics and ill try and explain my best. Always open to questions. I got it scored, was able to clean it up pretty good. Has some marks which i think the pics make it look worse than it is. The marks can be felt with ur nail but r very shallow. I believe my cleaning left nothing proud. I did locate an OEM piston, seals(just because) AF(flocking is not good) and a fuel filter. So the parts r out there. To my knowledge the saw is complete minus 1 bar nut and 1 screw in the fuel tank foot hold, and kill switch is broke. My hesitation in the build came from the fuel tank. Not because i did not think i coulndt fix the mag rot, cuz i dont wanna buy a sandblaster to do it. I started cleaning the one tank half and called it quits. I was gonna epoxy coat the inside of tank or use por-15. Something to make it useable again. It did hold fuel for a week before i started poking and proding the thin spots. A few thin spots showed themselves. Case itself does not have any rot but i did notice horizontal play in the crank. About .015 to be exact. All the bearings feel good but i wanted to throw that out there. It looks as the FW side bearing is moving in the case pocket. Not up and down like its walleredbut in and out. Could be non isssue IDK. Hope pics can clear up my rambling. I know this is kind of a rare saw from the response i got from the NOS parts source. Lets say $75 FnF or add 3% plus shipping. Lots of pics to follow. Open to trades on husky or Jred stuff.
EDIT. All the AVs r solid as a rock.
IMG_7396.JPG IMG_7397.JPG IMG_7398.JPG IMG_7399.JPGIMG_7400.JPG

Last edited:

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
3:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a pretty good project for someone - the Craftsman versions aren't as plentiful as the Poulan versions.

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a pretty good project for someone - the Craftsman versions aren't as plentiful as the Poulan versions.
Thanks JJ! Literally i was about to pull the trigger on the NOS PARTS and the sand blaster and thought to myself ill never use the saw. and of course id wanna buy a good sandblaster $$$. Maybe when im older ill appreciate the shelf queens and resto saws more. Right now i like saws that i use.

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
6:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll be the back bidder. Already got one box o 5.2 Craftsman. This'll be back up parts.

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll be the back bidder. Already got one box o 5.2 Craftsman. This'll be back up parts.
Yup u got it. Ur number 2. Im still wait the hear back from hotshot.