Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
9:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Soo....the October GTG bring your saws and your race cars?

Oh Lawd.....

This car ain't even gonna be close to done by then. I'm gonna require Jon to work in the shop this summer with me 5 days a week so we can work on the car and other things on the weekends. Of course I'll pay him.....but he's gotta see how hard it is to make work and play balance.

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
10:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lifting off the throttle can give you the impression of the car jumping off the ground.
And race tires wiggle.

Going down the interstate i had to lift at about 120 due to the only other car in site changing lanes at 55.
A 69 Camaro front end flying up in your vision for a second will make you a 2 footed driver quick.
Brakes or gas otherwise the car wants to dance.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lifting off the throttle can give you the impression of the car jumping off the ground.
And race tires wiggle.

Going down the interstate i had to lift at about 120 due to the only other car in site changing lanes at 55.
A 69 Camaro front end flying up in your vision for a second will make you a 2 footed driver quick.
Brakes or gas otherwise the car wants to dance.

Strange things happen with spooled third members and drag slicks.....and oil pans can smack the pavement too....

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is some rust in the front shock towers. Looks to be an easy repair. The rest of it seems pretty solid. I'm not sure what all we will be doing to the front of the car at this point.....but the rear floor, and wheel tubs are all being cut out. As long as the quarter panels and rocker boxes are solid......we are good !!!!!

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was going to say, I'd swap out that horse for a snake, that's what I'd do to the front end.

My dad has a cobra... he kinda needs it gone if anyone wanted one. It's taken apart just a little for maintenance and sat. Had something like near 600hp to the weels and just over 200mph on the dyno.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was going to say, I'd swap out that horse for a snake, that's what I'd do to the front end.

My dad has a cobra... he kinda needs it gone if anyone wanted one. It's taken apart just a little for maintenance and sat. Had something like near 600hp to the weels and just over 200mph on the dyno.

We couldn't afford that. LOL

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Chop the crank cases out and cram two hunnert ported 661 short blocks under the hood, that might be more up your alley

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You know, Bertrand(that's his real name, btw), if you use PurpulGirder SupremeTUL NASA and BASF approved motor oil, you only have to put one quart in the engine. True story. I think I read it in a thread somewheres...