YouTube homestead millionaires

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a good friend that has a YT channel for fishing. He was a teacher for several years and quit to focus on his “content”. Between sponsors and YT payments, he is making three times what he was as a teacher.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
7:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t understand why people have such an issue with “YouTubers” making money. They saw an opportunity and they went after it. Anyone on here could do the same 🤷‍♂️

Yep I thought I recognized your equipment :D

jblnut

Flabs of Stihl
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep I thought I recognized your equipment :D

I’ve had the opportunity to meet Zach and he’s a great guy and exactly like he is in his videos. No doubt that YouTube has changed his operation and he’ll happily tell you that. He’s entertaining and has given a positive view on how farms work to an audience that may never get to see it otherwise. There are far more “YouTube farmers” than just him but he was one of the first and I think has one of the largest YouTube followings so far.

I tried the YouTube thing for a while and just couldn’t get videos made in a timely manner. It took sooooooooo much time to set cameras up and editing all and I was falling behind in the actual stuff I needed to do so I said screw it. Most channels put in a ton of work for a while before seeing a penny. Just like a real business. Gotta invest for a while before you may possibly be successful.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a lot of you tube videos up about 16-20 years ago. A couple jackass kids got on there and started mocking me. I got pissed off and deleted the videos but *pretty boy me never I saved the originals.

One I really wish I had saved was one my son filmed of me splitting wood. I set up 27 rounds of Locust and I split 23 of the 27 rounds in 1:23. The reason it was not 27 was because 4 fell over and I did not want to stop to set them up and stop the time

Another was a GTG over in Indiana when I had a bunch of guys running my saws and having a helluva time. There was a video of me running my worn out ole XP1100 Homelite gear drive with a 50 inch bar and 1/2inch chisel chain in a big arse log.

Last edited:

jblnut

Flabs of Stihl
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As most of us likely do I like watching saw videos. @Mastermind has some nice ones on his YT channel but hasn’t uploaded lately and for whatever reason it is it’s none of my business. I enjoy watching videos builders make showing the difference between before and after the work they do. Mama Bear shakes her head and doesn’t get how watching the same chainsaw cutting the same piece of wood “but a little faster” can be so entertaining. Well it just is !!

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As most of us likely do I like watching saw videos. @Mastermind has some nice ones on his YT channel but hasn’t uploaded lately and for whatever reason it is it’s none of my business. I enjoy watching videos builders make showing the difference between before and after the work they do. Mama Bear shakes her head and doesn’t get how watching the same chainsaw cutting the same piece of wood “but a little faster” can be so entertaining. Well it just is !!
The sheer amount of complete crap on YouTube turned me off. You have guys who literally don't have a damn clue how anything actually works building huge followings. Then you see those followers acting like they're in a cult...defending the indefensible. I just can't.

jblnut

Flabs of Stihl
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The sheer amount of complete crap on YouTube turned me off. You have guys who literally don't have a damn clue how anything actually works building huge followings. Then you see those followers acting like they're in a cult...defending the indefensible. I just can't.
I get it 100%. All the more reason I enjoyed your content !! There is a lot of decent stuff on YouTube but you gotta wade through the swamp to find it all too often.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used to put both stock and ported vids on YouTube before a few accused me of sharpening the chain in between or handicapping the stock saw with a rich tune. So now they get ported vids only and a 🖕🏽

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Same here. Mfers will gag on IH or JCS who are known scams and bs artists but cast doubt when someone gets respectable gains.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I get it 100%. All the more reason I enjoyed your content !! There is a lot of decent stuff on YouTube but you gotta wade through the swamp to find it all too often.
I posted this a few days ago. But didn't spend any time blowing smoke up the asses of the masses.....so not many views.

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t understand why people have such an issue with “YouTubers” making money. They saw an opportunity and they went after it. Anyone on here could do the same 🤷‍♂️
I don’t have a problem with people making money any way they choose. I just don’t understand how they can afford all the “toys” in their videos while claiming they are homesteading. Homesteading to me, has a totally different view. Same way some people claim to be farmers when they have two raised bed garden boxes.

Lnk

Not Getting Any Rain
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like watching mowing videos. I know, weirdo!

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just seen where an AI robot is learning how to do things just from watching videos. Gonna be a few f'ed up robots out there. Lol

Lnk

Not Getting Any Rain
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

FTG-05

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I watch a bit of the Diesel Creek crap but I get bored easily. The fiasco with the two Farmalls was sheer ignorance.
That guy has a serious hoarder problem. But given the $$ stats shown above, at least he gets paid well for it.

Tim N

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would love to hear an explanation on that!
If you don't think these farmers that are farming thousands of acres don't get help you're crazy. They run around here bidding ground to 20000 an acre or more so nobody else can afford it. It's corporate welfare

Tim N

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you don't think these farmers that are farming thousands of acres don't get help you're crazy. They run around here bidding ground to 20000 an acre or more so nobody else can afford it. It's corporate welfare
But go ahead and write a 20 paragraph reply and show everyone how smart you are. God knows that you know everything. I'm not surprised you've been kicked off other forums

Reactions: Lnk