Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
2:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That guy has a serious hoarder problem. But given the $$ stats shown above, at least he gets paid well for it.

I know he lives in some beautiful country

Reactions: Lnk

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you don't think these farmers that are farming thousands of acres don't get help you're crazy. They run around here bidding ground to 20000 an acre or more so nobody else can afford it. It's corporate welfare

How is working hard, making smart decisions, and building a generational farm corporate welfare?

But go ahead and write a 20 paragraph reply and show everyone how smart you are. God knows that you know everything. I'm not surprised you've been kicked off other forums

You sound disgruntled.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Weirdo! Lol
Yeah a guy was "cleaning up" and mowing an abandoned property. A neighbor called the cops. All staged but cheap comedy

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How is getting low interest loans paying little to no taxes and getting checks from the taxpayers not welfare?
So when someone has a good financial record, solid business model, and a strong relationship with their bank which earns them a good interest rate that is welfare?

How is it you think farmers pay little to know taxes? That reminds me I need to mail anoter tax payment in.

How is it farmers get checks from taxpayers? I sure have never gotten one.

Tim N

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So when someone has a good financial record, solid business model, and a strong relationship with their bank which earns them a good interest rate that is welfare?

How is it you think farmers pay little to know taxes? That reminds me I need to mail anoter tax payment in.

So that farm bill the government sets forth every year the billions upon billions of dollars farmers never receive a dime of that? I know I don't. Maybe all these farmers around here are just lying about the money the get

Tim N

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So that farm bill the government sets forth every year the billions upon billions of dollars farmers never receive a dime of that? I know I don't. Maybe all these farmers around here are just lying about the money the get
I know I pay more taxes on my house than farmers pay on thousands of acres of ground here
But excuse me Bill. I should know that you know everything

Lnk

Stock Chainsaws do not suck!
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
3:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There are farm subsidies, and there are programs for farmers to get money for infrastructure like greenhouses etc. There was a time when farmers were paid to not grow stuff. Calling it welfare is a little antagonizing posting on a forum. Like you are trying to get a rise out of someone. We try to be kind around here. Treating people like you would in person is a good rule to live by.

Tim N

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There are farm subsidies, and there are programs for farmers to get money for infrastructure like greenhouses etc. There was a time when farmers were paid to not grow stuff. Calling it welfare is a little antagonizing posting on a forum. Like you are trying to get a rise out of someone. We try to be kind around here. Treating people like you would in person is a good rule to live by.
Not trying to get a rise out of anyone here. That's BillG job

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The last Farm will was the 2018 Farm Bill.......they are not passed every year
A huge portion of the money goes to SNAP
You say you never receive a dime of any monies contained in the Farm Bill so I guess you are not a father nor did you attend public schools.

Tim N

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The last Farm will was the 2018 Farm Bill.......they are not passed every year
A huge portion of the money goes to SNAP
You say you never receive a dime of any monies contained in the Farm Bill so I guess you are not a father nor did you attend public schools.
And a huge portion of that money goes to big farmers

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know I pay more taxes on my house than farmers pay on thousands of acres of ground here
But excuse me Bill. I should know that you know everything
My county property tax on unusable timber ground averages $28.13 per acre. The tillable land is much higher. I also have land in the drainage district so that is an additional $43.32 per acre.

You claim.......I pay more taxes on my house than farmers pay on thousands of acres of ground here............. Well if I had 1000 acres in the drainage district my 2023 tax bill would have been $43,320 to the drainage district alone and at least another $100,000 to the county. If you are paying $143.320 per year in property tax on your house you must have one hell of a mansion.

By the way I have the printouts of what everyone pays in our district.

jblnut

Flabs of Stihl
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But go ahead and write a 20 paragraph reply and show everyone how smart you are. God knows that you know everything. I'm not surprised you've been kicked off other forums
Bill G has his own thread. You should go post your complaints in there.

Well put Bill.

Not trying to get a rise out of anyone here. That's BillG job
Farmers do get more tax breaks than the average run of the mill business and I don’t think anyone will argue that. The govt subsidizes a lot of things way more foolish than helping to feed its people. This is a capitalist country last I checked and you are welcome to do whatever you like for a living. Go work your way into a large farm if you think it’ll net you so much money. No one is stopping you but you.

Again the Bill G thread if you missed it above. It’s a good read.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He is simply uninformed. I am used to it.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Very well said.

Tim N

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My county property tax on unusable timber ground averages $28.13 per acre. The tillable land is much higher. I also have land in the drainage district so that is an additional $43.32 per acre.

You claim.......I pay more taxes on my house than farmers pay on thousands of acres of ground here............. Well if I had 1000 acres in the drainage district my 2023 tax bill would have been $43,320 to the drainage district alone and at least another $100,000 to the county. If you are paying $143.320 per year in property tax on your house you must have one hell of a mansion.

By the way I have the printouts of what everyone pays in our district.
I guess you're just a poor dirt farmer that never makes any money then.
I know what I know. You're not fooling me

Tim N

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I do know that I receive no money from the taxpayers tho

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just stick to facts.
Here is another question for you. are you in Peoria County or a surrounding one.?