Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
2:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Since my 441cm is still at the spa in Tennessee, I found a clean low hour 460 locally. I will see how it compares.

I have a MS441....and several other saws that are ready to ship. Just waiting a few day till the Christmas crazies are behind us.

Can't go wrong there!

Randy, you still a fan of the 441, I seem to remember you really liking them some time ago?

I still like em. Smoothest saw Stihl ever made.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any "big saw" test vids???

Not yet Mike. I took a couple days off for Christmas. Then had company over yesterday for an excellent visit.

Yesterday afternoon I took Glenda back to the doctor, turns out she has pneumonia. I'm staying close by her and playing nurse right now.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
3:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not yet Mike. I took a couple days off for Christmas. Then had company over yesterday for an excellent visit.

Yesterday afternoon I took Glenda back to the doctor, turns out she has pneumonia. I'm staying close by her and playing nurse right now.
That sucks for her. Tell her to get better.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Wear ear plugs, 372. Good power, not fat, not heavy, easy to work on and parts are available at a fair price.
When you need ear plugs and head phones to make it bearable though, that's ridiculous. You're still losing hearing, using my 372, w/only one or the other... I will be working on a new exhaust to see if I can cancel out some of the sound waves, while still flowing VERY well... That's where understanding wave propagation theory and acoustics come in fairly handy.

A buddy down the road has this pretty well figured out and all of His muffler mods flow quite well, while being amazingly quiet. His 064 has to be ran to bee believed...

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Do a good job nursing, that pneumonia is nothing to mess with. I had it from March well into September, awful stuff. Every time ya think you're going to get better you don't. Best of luck for you both.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy, you take good care of her, hope she recovers soon.

CFB, bring your Buddy and his saw to the next GTG!!!

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When you need ear plugs and head phones to make it bearable though, that's ridiculous. You're still losing hearing, using my 372, w/only one or the other... I will be working on a new exhaust to see if I can cancel out some of the sound waves, while still flowing VERY well... That's where understanding wave propagation theory and acoustics come in fairly handy.

A buddy down the road has this pretty well figured out and all of His muffler mods flow quite well, while being amazingly quiet. His 064 has to be ran to bee believed...
Pipe outlet is better for the user.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
9:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been using my PS-6400 for the last two days.
I just love this saw, sports more grunt than most want to admit.

Is she a 70cc class saw?
No!
Is she as strong as her sibling PS-7900?
No!
Will she cut through a oak knot with her 20" B&C setup fully buried?
You bet she will!
Copy of CIMG2888.JPG

Sorry, no video and forgot to take pictures after bucking - but that log is gone now.
Copy of CIMG2908.JPG

I lately started to pick my PS-7900 over my PS-6400 for any and all jobs, super fun but complete overkill!
The PS-7900 simply can't be loaded with just a 20" B&C setup, she barely feels pulling a super aggressive 72DL chisel chain.

That been said, yes my Dolmar PS-7900 is still my favorite 70cc class saw. :thumbup:

EDIT & P.S.:
I just realized I haven't taken any pictures featuring my PS-7900 in over two months.
I'll have to correct that.

Last edited: