Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I

I’m posting to see if anyone has ever modified pistons to make the intake flow better. Reason I ask is I haven’t seen anything on the subject and the piston does serve as a valve.
3 angle valve jobs are standard in race engines(4stroke).
The bottom of tge piston intake skirt can be modified to replicate a three angle valve job
Done correctly and it will aid in emptying the intake tract as it reaches tdc as well as enhancing flow as the piston travels down past the port.
It will eliminate spit back, and it will allow more room to port the intake port
I thought a 3 angle valve job was for better sealing.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pretty excited about the echo. Always wanted a twin cylinder. Need to find the front little plug cover.
43c1344c0b90b47ec8ff70994356310c.jpg
3d7fcef587921623f0e4fd0773d86c1e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
6:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
4l80e........

0413222206.jpg 0413222207.jpg

Hope to have it done by next weekend. Hard to get time to work on anything right now.

Nice thing is that this was a 100% fully functioning unit before teardown. Only issue is it was 2wd not 4. So needed to come all the way appart to swap output shafts. Going to do a full alto and high energy kit while it's apart. And use the good guts from this one to build a second with the trans that's in the vehicle now. Keep it under a bench for a spare. Never a bad thing to have a extra on hand........ When you're not right in the head :eusa_doh:

Remind me why I need so many "spare and extra" chainsaws ?????? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

At least they are easier to store, lift, move aw heck more easy to do anything :risas3:

Steven

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
4l80e........

View attachment 333550 View attachment 333551

Hope to have it done by next weekend. Hard to get time to work on anything right now.

Nice thing is that this was a 100% fully functioning unit before teardown. Only issue is it was 2wd not 4. So needed to come all the way appart to swap output shafts. Going to do a full alto and high energy kit while it's apart. And use the good guts from this one to build a second with the trans that's in the vehicle now. Keep it under a bench for a spare. Never a bad thing to have a extra on hand........ When you're not right in the head :eusa_doh:

Remind me why I need so many "spare and extra" chainsaws ?????? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

At least they are easier to store, lift, move aw heck more easy to do anything :risas3:

Steven
You have spare and extra chainsaws?

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
11:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
4l80e........

View attachment 333550 View attachment 333551

Steven
Not the first time I've seen you post auto trans work Steven. Had training in a past life?

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
6:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not the first time I've seen you post auto trans work Steven. Had training in a past life?

No training. Just always have to do it myself. Have done several dozen different transmissions. Some are more interesting than others. Actually like how simple these are. And was able to borrow a full kent moore special tool kit for this one. Sure makes things easier and go faster.

Edit: first transmission I attempted was a gm 700R4 when I was 17-18ish. Everything after that has looked easier. I've done several more 700/4l60 and I can say I'm still not a fan of rebuilding that one. But when they are built properly boy are they stout for what they are.

Steven

Last edited:

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 333859 View attachment 333860 View attachment 333861

New to me box on the bench.
Grabbed it next to a FREE sign up the road.
And it wasn’t quite empty.
Place to keep saw tools close.
Cleaned up pretty well with a little Gunk degreaser.

Divorce box!,
Lol I stopped next to the road free pile once and there was a brand new" cube" archery target, woman came out of the house and I asked if that was supposed to be in the pile? She said,"yup he don't need that stuff no more when he left it here!"