What's on your bench?

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of my tree guys gave me a nice 066 round top parts saw today. Ironically, he got it from the brother of another Tree Guy I fix saws for, but I don't know the brother.

It is all apart, and looks like the crank and top handle are missing. The piston is burned on the Ex side, and the transfer needs to be cleaned from the cylinder, but the cylinder looks gorges!!! The tank handle has been repaired with electrical tape, but all the controls are there, and all the bolts and screws are missing.

I'm shocked what is still there … recoil, carb, coil, chain adjuster and brake hardware and brake handle and plastics (with badges)!

HL Supply just had them (Asian 660s) on sale yesterday, if I'd have known this was coming!!!

I just checked it over quickly, the burned piston looks like a KS to me (has wings), but the cylinder just says Stihl. I think it has the best transfers and ports of any 066/660 I have seen. Dying to time it and see what the #s are.

I also plan to pull the control lever, trigger, etc and compare it to an Asian 660 to see if I can do some mods to the Asian saws to get high idle to work right.

But right now, I'm not doing anything! Got a pinched nerve in my right leg and I can barely walk. Excruciating pain if I even try to bend over to pick something up. Hope this clears up fast, hunting season is still open and it is just not like me to not be able to do things … it is killing me!
Very cool!

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 192t came back to life tonight! Started easy and idles nice! Found a carb kit in my stash so I rebuilt the carb and she sounds good! Will get her into some wood on Saturday!
e751f052e4f48e3d08dfb2b9778c25ae.jpg

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of my tree guys gave me a nice 066 round top parts saw today. Ironically, he got it from the brother of another Tree Guy I fix saws for, but I don't know the brother.

It is all apart, and looks like the crank and top handle are missing. The piston is burned on the Ex side, and the transfer needs to be cleaned from the cylinder, but the cylinder looks gorges!!! The tank handle has been repaired with electrical tape, but all the controls are there, and all the bolts and screws are missing.

I'm shocked what is still there … recoil, carb, coil, chain adjuster and brake hardware and brake handle and plastics (with badges)!

HL Supply just had them (Asian 660s) on sale yesterday, if I'd have known this was coming!!!

I just checked it over quickly, the burned piston looks like a KS to me (has wings), but the cylinder just says Stihl. I think it has the best transfers and ports of any 066/660 I have seen. Dying to time it and see what the #s are.

I also plan to pull the control lever, trigger, etc and compare it to an Asian 660 to see if I can do some mods to the Asian saws to get high idle to work right.

But right now, I'm not doing anything! Got a pinched nerve in my right leg and I can barely walk. Excruciating pain if I even try to bend over to pick something up. Hope this clears up fast, hunting season is still open and it is just not like me to not be able to do things … it is killing me!
Is it gonna be “one the top 3 strongest”?... as he would say ;) lol

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
5:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not a saw but on the bench. Garage door spring blew up when i closed the door getting home from work tonite. Watched a youtube video and instantly became a garage door guy:D
One of my wire caddys was the only solid bar i had in 1/2" OD. A lil creativity and she works like a charm! Just 6"s shorter on the spring. I know what ur gonna say same amount of turns on a shorter spring and its gonna break again. Its only temporary for a year or two:D my work van has to get out tomorrow and that old solid wood door would need a crane to lift it. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

irving.lavoie

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Those are good running saws
An old fella still runs one here
I went through it a few years back.
Good looking saws
I'm happy to have it, going to sell it, I think, what do you think it's worth.

Sent from my Alcatel_6060C using Tapatalk

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is it gonna be “one the top 3 strongest”?... as he would say ;) lol

All the ports look good, but the transfers really impressed me Mason, I'll try to get some pics later, although my cell phone will not do it justice!

Hey, and the best part … it all came to me for nothing!!! Reality is, I take good care of my tree guys, so they often return the favor, mostly with "dead saw parts". I'll take it! During the last year, I got a good 044 P+C, and good 046-D cylinder (my Grand Nephew now has that saw), and this.

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All the ports look good, but the transfers really impressed me Mason, I'll try to get some pics later, although my cell phone will not do it justice!

Hey, and the best part … it all came to me for nothing!!! Reality is, I take good care of my tree guys, so they often return the favor, mostly with "dead saw parts". I'll take it! During the last year, I got a good 044 P+C, and good 046-D cylinder (my Grand Nephew now has that saw), and this.

I may be needy of an 660 cylinder. Will know later this evening after I pic the saw up.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here are some pics of that 066 cylinder. Ex port needs to be cleaned, but I really like the transfers:

Attachments

• IMG_20181128_124202376_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20181128_124202376_HDR.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20181128_124019876_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20181128_124019876_HDR.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20181128_123917932_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20181128_123917932_HDR.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 51

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's up and running set at 13500 no lode and 2560 at idle sound great and my friend who I built this for is still waiting on cash so I'll just sit it to the side and finish the ms440 for are other friend. IMG_20181128_142959.jpg

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Or, you could just do what I did. When I built to Asian Twins, one was for my brother and one was for a friend. The friend was a bit slow with the $ so I let him run the saw, then told him it turned out so well I was thinking of keeping it. He came over and put cash in my hand and grabbed the saw!

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Or, you could just do what I did. When I built to Asian Twins, one was for my brother and one was for a friend. The friend was a bit slow with the $ so I let him run the saw, then told him it turned out so well I was thinking of keeping it. He came over and put cash in my hand and grabbed the saw!
Lol. That's funny funny. I would but he knows how many saws I have already and he told me before I even got the saw that he needed to get pay from others who he did work for on there cars before he could pay me lol it's what makes the world go round.:hydrogen:

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But maybe I'll get lucky and when he picks this one up he'll want me to build one more for him or his dad hummm. :Saeufer:

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got 20 runners right now, but he knew I was thinking of keeping that one!
Yea that's a little more than what I have lol but I'm going to hopefully be getting another 064 av to build but it always seems like you just can't stop you just got to at least have one more. Lol