av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
7:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am pissed right now. I took a break from bodywork to install the new intake boot and carb seat thingy on the 350 and it now leaks from the intake region even worse! Currently it won't even begin to hold pressure and I can't see where it's leaking from due to the cramped design. I seriously wanna chuck this saw in the trash and buy the guy a different one. Now I recall why I sold my 346 in favor of my MS250....
Immerse the damn thing in your bathtub or something that lets you roll it around in your hands while you look. You’ll probably find more than you expect. Chainsaw ain’t scared of no water.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am pissed right now. I took a break from bodywork to install the new intake boot and carb seat thingy on the 350 and it now leaks from the intake region even worse! Currently it won't even begin to hold pressure and I can't see where it's leaking from due to the cramped design. I seriously wanna chuck this saw in the trash and buy the guy a different one. Now I recall why I sold my 346 in favor of my MS250....
Motoseal or whatever all the inside surfaces
That's how I fixed a few dozen of that series of trash.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Im not ASSuming that you were referring to any of the Fellas in the quote but I have shook hands with all four including you.

Me thinks a mirror you should look Mason.
Not at all sir, I was just calling a spade a spade with that statement. They shouldn’t feel offended anyway if they aren’t at fault right?

Last edited:

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I replaced a failing Seagate HDD in my secondary desktop PC.
I plugged in a SSD in its place.

The failing HDD will get stripped down to its frame and repurposed to a SSD 2.5" to 3.5" carrier bracket as seen in the picture.

This is not the first Seagate HDD that I see failing!

IMAG1757.jpg

The Maxtor Z1 SSD was on sale for a really good price, 5 years warranty - I will see how well it'll perform.
Transfer speed is good for a SATA SSD.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
4:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sooo, is the boot one that was originally Plastic clamp of Death that you have modified? Or a newer Designed for a stainless steel screw clamp style?
Newer design w/a stainless clamp.
Immerse the damn thing in your bathtub or something that lets you roll it around in your hands while you look. You’ll probably find more than you expect. Chainsaw ain’t scared of no water.
I’ve been using a 5 gallon bucket, I think I might not survive an attempt to immerse it in the bathtub but I’ll try.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not at all sir, I was just calling a spade a spade with that statement. They shouldn’t feel offended anyway if they aren’t at fault right?

Mason......you cause me more grief than nearly anyone else on this site. How about you learn to keep your two cents to yourself sometimes huh? Can you do that? This had not a damn thing to do with you, yet you felt the need to wade right in. Enough.

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you are asking me for life advise....

Hold onto your knickers.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
4:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I found the issue. I swapped the impulse hose but as that didn't help I pulled the jug and lo and behold, the intake nipple thingy that goes in the cylinder wasn't sitting right. I straightened that out, replaced the fuel line and it runs and idles beautifully and holds pressure! All I need to do is tune it and finish up the 235R I also got from the guy and they can leave the shop.

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well, I found the issue. I swapped the impulse hose but as that didn't help I pulled the jug and lo and behold, the intake nipple thingy that goes in the cylinder wasn't sitting right. I straightened that out, replaced the fuel line and it runs and idles beautifully and holds pressure! All I need to do is tune it and finish up the 235R I also got from the guy and they can leave the shop.
Congrats.
Don't you love the felling ya get when finally finding the solution to a problem child?