Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
12:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Like I said, what a touchy bunch.
You aught to know that what I said here is about as mild as I come.

Yeah it really would be a genius move if you were trying to make a saw look fast, with the hollow butt of the log in plain view.

I know sarcasm doesn't translate well on paper, but *s-word, I get a lot worse if I'm actually trying to waste your time. & like I just said, I think you know that..
You've been doing what you do for a good while now, I don't think I could say anything negative about your work & be on target.

There is one thing, from a good while ago, that I question. Because it makes no logical sense. Maybe we could clear it up. I know that I'd like to.
& I'd rather be wrong than right about it.
Let's hear it. Just know that I'm far from perfect....and I've made mistakes. I've always owned them....and done my best to make them right.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 394 he mentioned earlier was one of my saws. He and I are talking about it now in a private conversation. He could have asked in public. I've got nothing to hide from anyone.

I haven't done many 394s at all. But I have seen a bad coil make them run like crap. I could have built a turd....or it might have had a bad coil on it.

I saw the same thing on an MS660 once too. Coil stuck in start mode...and never advancing after startup.

Had the owner of the saw let me know it wasn't up to par....at anytime after he got it back, I would have tried to make it right. But I never hear from anyone about a 394.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 394 he mentioned earlier was one of my saws. He and I are talking about it now in a private conversation. He could have asked in public. I've got nothing to hide from anyone.

I haven't done many 394s at all. But I have seen a bad coil make them run like crap. I could have built a turd....or it might have had a bad coil on it.

I saw the same thing on an MS660 once too. Coil stuck in start mode...and never advancing after startup.

Had the owner of the saw let me know it wasn't up to par....at anytime after he got it back, I would have tried to make it right. But I never hear from anyone about a 394.
Those have the reverse thread coil fasteners
Have him rampage with a impact clockwise
To get them loose
Then put the coil in a microwave on soup mode
for 12-15 minutes
That'll reset the coil to factory settings.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

...or, I have a couple of hollow logs in the firewood stack that I could sell to that fella.

Now that's funny right there. LOL

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Oh yeah that will play with your mind .I've only seen one .However I had a Briggs 18 HP twin stuck on advance .After all the smoke left the starter I replaced it too .

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m glad the saws you have built for me didn’t turn out to be turds! If they had, I’m sure you would have made it right.
I keep thinking about the 394s I've done, and I only recall two. The first one was shipped to Knoxville....and got "lost in shipping". It wound up in the dead mail center in Atlanta. Some friends helped me find a good replacement, and I ported it for the same fella. Only this time it was picked up by the customer in person.

The saw that was "lost" was found on Ebay a couple of years later. The seller had bought it from a postal auction in Atlanta. I added quite a lot of interest to his Ebay auction, and it sold for a fair amount of money. That seller was a good fella.....he sent me half of the proceeds from the sale.

Those are the only two 394s I remember doing.