Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is the stuff I'm talking about that back around page 840-844 was being mixed 1 capfull of it per tank of fuel and the saw ran fine without any 2 stroke oil View attachment 409668
If anyone knows where to order some from it'd be helpful, I tried ebay and Amazon but couldn't find it
Stock up on it

J.Noss

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh wow guys thanks alot I wanted to get some now for awhile but couldn't find it. Be real interesting if that saw was still running on just 1 cap-ful of it w/gasoline to this day!
Might even add a little to the car

:pontiac:

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was wondering if the saw being run on the fuel conditioner stuff seen here is still working fine (the mix is of 1 cupful of it and fuel w/no 2 stroke oil) and whether anyone knows a site to order some from? I'd definitely add a bit to my 40:1 mix gas for a little extra protection! Just can't find any.. hard to believe 1 cap-full of this kept the engine working w/o 2 stroke oil.
That saw still runs. It's back with the boys at The Cutting Edge in NY now, but it's still the same. That was straight gas and one little capful the whole time. There must obviously be some lubricant in that conditioner, but lubrication is not it's main purpose.

J.Noss

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That saw still runs. It's back with the boys at The Cutting Edge in NY now, but it's still the same. That was straight gas and one little capful the whole time. There must obviously be some lubricant in that conditioner, but lubrication is not it's main purpose.
Yeah reading that was very surprising, I ordered a bottle today thanks to the help of 2 of the members in this thread finding a place to buy it. Figured once the rings seat fully on my saws I'll add a cap-full per gallon or 2 with my 40:1 XP+ mix for extra protection out of curiosity.. won't be repeating the test on any of these saws though

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah reading that was very surprising, I ordered a bottle today thanks to the help of 2 of the members in this thread finding a place to buy it. Figured once the rings seat fully on my saws I'll add a cap-full per gallon or 2 with my 40:1 XP+ mix for extra protection out of curiosity.. won't be repeating the test on any of these saws though
Very cool! I still have a little bit left myself, and will probably use the rest as an additive, in addition to my regular 40:1 mix. Can't hurt, right?

qurotro

Cookie Cutter
Local time
8:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dominator is doing good for me. But I recently bought a quart of Maxima Super M injector oil as premix oil. The bike guys love this oil.

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
any of the synththetic oils will work if you mix it right. i have used a bunch of different oils over the years. recently (last year or the year before) i took all of the bottles of oil i had scattered around and dumped them all into what was left of a gallon jug of saber which had about three inches left in the bottom. there is saber, husky xp, stihl orange, craftsman, klotz, and some other oil that didnt have a label. i did not put the stihl ultra in there because that stuff guves me a horrible headach from the smell. shook it all up and now i have kind of purple colored oil that changes the color of the gas well enough to tell its mix and i have used it at 50:1, 40:1, and 32:1 which is what i use in everything now. i mix it with clear gas or clear gas and av gas mixed at even portons. for a while there the av gas was almost a dollar cheaper a gallon so i bougt a bunch of it. 100ll is 96octane when measured they way they measure it for cars. i found that my backpack blower doesnt really run that well with it when just using the av gas but it doesnt care if i mix the av gas with 87 clear. i found a station that has 87 clear and 92, 100, 110, clear gases. so i will mix the 87 and 100ll til the 100ll is gone then just use the 87 or 92 which ever is cheaper with my purple oil at 32:1 and not worry about any of it because my stuff all run good look clean and shiney inside. wow that was long... lol

crowslayer17

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had an issue a couple years ago with some older Dolmar synthetic mix at 40:1 with 91 octane non-ethanol. Unless I got bad gas or something. A couple of saws started running like crap and pretty much quit. I noticed that my fuel filters were really dark colored, so I changed them and I think cleaned the carbs also. Fresh gas with different oil and they ran fine. It was definitely the fuel, whether it was the gas or oil I can't say for sure.