What oil is best? and what ratio?

pwheel

Finis Origine Pendet
Local time
9:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have unopened Stihl Ultra to mix 16 gallons that I'm interested in moving for postage. Any offers???

Last edited:

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
LOL. Snowball's chance in Hell, huh?
A snowball has a better chance of lasting an hour on the equator then you getting rid of that. It's not even sticky enough to make a decent bar and chain oil.

pwheel

Finis Origine Pendet
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey isn't the Aussie dominator rep about due back to dazzle us with all of his knowledge?
What's his address? I'd be happy to send him the Ultra to show how much I appreciate his "expertise".

Hundred Acre Wood

Full-time Slacker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use my leftover bottles of the “Double Warranty” trap for assembly lube on 2 cycle engines.. and I apply it liberally to get rid of it.

I know everyone loves to hate on Stihl Ultra, but 6 bottles at 50:1 isn't going to ruin anyone's brand new saw. Use it and move on to the oil of your choice.

Last edited:

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
8:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know everyone loves to hate on Stihl Ultra, buy 6 bottles at 50:1 isn't going to ruin anyone's brand new saw. Use it and move on to the oil of your choice.
To each their own. I was just sharing what I do with it, not telling anyone what to do. I’m an Amsoil dealer so I will not use it. I have much better oil here for my uses.

Hundred Acre Wood

Full-time Slacker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To each their own. I was just sharing what I do with it, not telling anyone what to do. I’m an Amsoil dealer so I will not use it. I have much better oil here for my uses.

Agreed, and I wasn't trying to tell anyone what to do either. Sorry if that came across wrong. I'm just saying buying 6 bottles for double the warranty isn't a bad deal. And people shouldn't be afraid to use them at 50:1.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Agreed, and I wasn't trying to tell anyone what to do either. Sorry if that came across wrong. I'm just saying buying 6 bottles for double the warranty isn't a bad deal. And people shouldn't be afraid to use them at 50:1.
Agreed. No worries here!

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am having trouble getting the 7000. I am going with VP 2 cycle. It is good stuff and I can get it at the local Tractor Supply.
I had to quit buying Schaeffer's just because of price I really liked running it no headaches
It doubled in two year's here
I run about 4 gallons every few weeks working on saws
I bought 6 quarts of Castrol go it was only like 30-33.00 shipped I mixed 5 gallons at 40/1 to try it out
I think I have 36 2.5 gallon mix bottles of Tanaka perfect *s-words I bought on amazon clearance
It was like 2.50 shipped back then.

Vintage Engine Repairs

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My ban is up :) I like the new signature Woodpecker lol. Joking aside, hindsight is 20:20 and the rude comments were unnecessary of me - I wanted to publicly apologise (rather than just pm you) and say I am sorry for any offence @Woodpecker , and honestly, I’m a little embarrassed. I guess we all say or do stupid things some times and this was one of them for me. I’m not proud of it.

Yep I have a lot to learn, probably saying less and listening more is a good start. To those who don’t like me, I don’t really blame you, I can be a pain / annoying sometimes, over enthusiastic, try and help where I maybe shouldn’t and say the occasional stupid thing that I later regret (and try to delete!!) but it’s something I’m working on.

I don’t like how I behaved here, or on arb-site afterwards.
No excuses, it was childish and I apologise, it won’t happen again.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey isn't the Aussie dominator rep about due back to dazzle us with all of his knowledge?
His warning points didn’t come off in a week……it was 30 days.
At 50:1 it’s ok.