What oil is best? and what ratio?

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not what I was told Mike. It has the new pistons. Everything that the LBZ has. Just detuned. They detuned the first few to be sure everything was all good.
Don't make me go back and dig all that up again.
I have a buddy that pulled one apart.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The herd here is not getting thinned, they hang unless used. If Dominator collects water & rusts, then it’s going to end up as burr oil. I need an oil that’s good for everything and doesn’t need fogging ....... 7000 fits that criterion. I’ve tried a bunch of others, K2 fits also, but doesn’t run as clean as the 7000. I’ll try the Dominator, and see how it holds up. At the end of the day, I don’t care what the oil I settle on is named, but I’ve got to be able to get it easily and it can’t be too costly.

Zero smoke while running, and I mean nothing. Startup is a little, but once the cutting starts, zero.

As far as fumes are concerned, the 3120 muffler was modified for milling exclusively. The PTO side was blocked off and the exit got the fumes up and away from me, I didn’t even get any hint of exhaust.

View attachment 244556
View attachment 244555
View attachment 244557 View attachment 244558
Just run a corn can like Dunlap does.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I currently have mixed up 40/1
tanaka perfect *s-word
Red armor
schaeffers 7000
Stihl ultra customer's weedeater
Husky xp customer's weedeater
The schaeffers does not have a noticeable odor at all to me or it's very faint even on my clothes after running saws.
Ra does but not to bad
All the other's have a burning plastic/road kill
Essence to them
Just my observation.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just run a corn can like Dunlap does.
I’ve been known to diminish a mufflers ability to “muffle” sound, but the 3120 mod was intended to keep me breathing fresh air while milling. Most every saw that dumps exhaust out the pto side or to the front, will have the guy thats milling, sucking exhaust fumes and pickin 2 cycle boogers from their noses hours after the milling is finished. I’ve gravitated towards getting the exhaust away from the operator, milling, bucking, felling, firewoodin, etc ..........

Even if the muffler mod doesn’t make the most power, so long as it gets the dirty air away to allow the operator the luxury of clean fresh air, that’s the mod I’m going for on my saws

I might have a corn or bean can laying around that could work well for GTG saws ............

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not what I was told Mike. It has the new pistons. Everything that the LBZ has. Just detuned. They detuned the first few to be sure everything was all good.
Don't make me go back and dig all that up again.
I have a buddy that pulled one apart.

06 is the same as the LBZ. I had an 04 LLY is why I was asking. I didn’t like the way it did anything but ride[emoji2371][emoji23]

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
06 is the same as the LBZ. I had an 04 LLY is why I was asking. I didn’t like the way it did anything but ride[emoji2371][emoji23]
Yes sir. Unfortunately the 04s and 05s had a little overheating problem. They just needed to be tweaked a bit.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would like to see this corn can muffler.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Google corn can muffler.
YouTube shuts channels down if you post a link here sometimes.

Here's a ironhorse vid

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No sir. But I wouldn't let him touch a starter rope of mine. I see in his vids what he does to saws. NOPE.
Not for me...
Mine are all MOFO and Silver Eagle Saws. [emoji106]