What oil is best? and what ratio?

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
7:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Boys will be boys.....and when things go too far one of us always deletes posts and tries to reel things in. It's a never ending job though.

You have the choice of not reading any thread on this site.
And I have the right to disagree with a test here and state an opinion without be singled out as a problem maker here. Ive been her 4 or 5 yrs now and had my teeth kicked down my throat more than I can count on test of my own, spent untold money and hrs tearing equipment down and taking pictures to post? I took many punches here myself

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you personally call Amsoil and confirm that this oil has no rust inhibitors?
No sir but I have talk with several folks who has used it, and a few porters who has seen saws with it used and say it will. Personally I dont know but like I said a few post back Im pretty sure it well along with alot of these other oils we use without inhibitors if the equipment is sat up in the right conditions. Just my opinion

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And I have the right to disagree with a test here and state an opinion without be singled out as a problem maker here. Ive been her 4 or 5 yrs now and had my teeth kicked down my throat more than I can count on test of my own, spent untold money and hrs tearing equipment down and taking pictures to post? I took many punches here myself

Your post reeked of sarcasm, and was nothing but inflammatory. That's why I quoted it and called you out.

Prove me wrong.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your post reeked of sarcasm, and was nothing but inflammatory. That's why I quoted it and called you out.

Prove me wrong.
Maybe it was taken that way but not my intentions Randy. If Eggshooter was offended he could have said so

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hadnt looked it up myself Steven but only told by a few people I have trust in

That sort of stuff will be the downfall of our society.

I have MY belief.....and no amount of factual information can change my mind.

He said......and I believe that guy. Regardless of what my eyes see.....I cannot be wrong about believing THAT guy.

Why not call Amsoil yourself?

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That sort of stuff will be the downfall of our society.

I have MY belief.....and no amount of factual information can change my mind.

He said......and I believe that guy. Regardless of what my eyes see.....I cannot be wrong about believing THAT guy.

Why not call Amsoil yourself?
I will

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hell Keith......I was offended.

Think of the time, effort, and money this man has spent on this.
Randy what part did u miss several pages back where I was patting this man on the back and encouraging him and sending him supplies? And then because I disagree and have an opinion u single me out?

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy what part did u miss several pages back where I was patting this man on the back and encouraging him and sending him supplies? And then because I disagree and have an opinion u single me out?

I don't follow this thread at all. I found your post by chance and nothing more. I felt that you were treating the man poorly based on your post. What you said a week ago has little bearing on that post.

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Eggshooter publicly apologizing for any sarcasm or statements that were taken that way brother. Appreciate the testing and carry on

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As I've stated here, several times. I've called Amsoil Tech b4 buying this oil to ask them about this lack of rust inhibitor in Dominator. I referenced the outboard disclaimer. He saud Dominator not only had rust and corrosion inhibitors it also has a full additive package. I myself Have zero long term usage if Dominator but spreading bs or hearsay without knowledge irritates me. This whole Dominator hasno rust inhibitors is just that BS. Could engines be more prone to getting rusty with oil in extended storage in the right environment? Yup. So can your pet oil K2 as that has been mentioned hereby users exept without the disdain many have for Amsoil products. You should know about rust from Dominator yourself because you stated the other day you think you used it un the race outboards. Odd considering through pretty much this entire thread, when you speak of the outboard racing days, it was Saber in them. Which is it? Saber or Dominator? It matters not to me really. Just wondering.
If all your experts are right and I see rust on a crank after a few months in my environment I'll go back to Blue Marble. My emotional well being isn't tired to any purchases. Especially something as trivial as 2 cycle oil.
I dont have a clue. Carry on brother. Appreciate all your efforts. Sorry I disagreed or had an opinion. Ill read and follow along and keep my mouth closed

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry I disagreed or had an opinion.

You're missing the point by a mile Keith.

Of course you have an opinion.....and disagreements are normal. Being emotionally invested in a certain oil/brand of truck/political party/religion/etc is not. I'm sorry you can't wrap your mind around that.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As in, say what you will. I don't need to share dick with anyone. My testing continues with or without this cess pool of a thread.

Start a thread about your testing. We'll lock it so that nobody else can post in it.

I for one am extremely interested in what you are doing. I could care less which oil "wins", I just like the idea of the way you are conducting the tests.

Is it the end all be all? Of course not. But it is interesting.

porsche965

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I'm understanding that there is a possibility, regardless of oil mixed, in the right conditions, stored over a period of time, there can be rust.

Well if this is a known fact to those who examine the internals of their saws before using them then why don't you just change where you store your saws?

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll mull that over. Didn't know that was a possibility.
Considering to amount of effort you've put into this......it deserves it's own thread.

Now.....after you are done, we could open it up to questions and comments. But, that would be your call.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I'm understanding that there is a possibility, regardless of oil mixed, in the right conditions, stored over a period of time, there can be rust.

Well if this is a known fact to those who examine the internals of their saws before using them then why don't you just change where you store your saws?

Well......I store saws in an unheated, uncooled metal shipping container. I've ever once seen any rust or corrosion inside any saw I've disassembled. Husqvarnas almost always have rust on the flywheel magnets though. Even if I take them right out of the box as soon as they arrive here. They don't coat the magnets with anything......but Stihl saws have a translucent yellow coating over the magnets. Just an observation.....

porsche965

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Everywhere I read Ultra is the worst oil made. All kinds of problems. Lucky to make it past 100:1.