Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
4:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
60-70% of milling was with a 272 unlimited coil, tuned to 12,600.

yes, oil has greenish tint in the guts of the saw, but blue when mixxed with fuel(see first photo in first post).

There’s not one reason I’ve found why I won’t purchase more Schaffers 7000. It’s definitely a cleaner running oil than any Klotz or K2. I’ve not run enough 2R yet to compare against, and I’ve got a few gallons of Dominator on the way.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
60-70% of milling was with a 272 unlimited coil, tuned to 12,600.

yes, oil has greenish tint in the guts of the saw, but blue when mixxed with fuel(see first photo in first post).

There’s not one reason I’ve found why I won’t purchase more Schaffers 7000. It’s definitely a cleaner running oil than any Klotz or K2. I’ve not run enough 2R yet to compare against, and I’ve got a few gallons of Dominator on the way.
In my experience "not milling" MOST oil runs clean internally at really rich ratios, but again that's regular cutting. The exhaust cans are normally dirty and wet with oil though. I'm guessing the ashless additives are keeping the exhaust clean.[emoji106] To me I see quite a bit of wear for that much oil being present and having ran 13 gallons, Is that normal with milling saws, or does the saw have a lot of time on it? I know milling is a whole new ballgame.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for sharing. You going to tear it down again after another 10-12 gallons to see its guts?
I’m not going to be tearing it down unless there’s a better reason for doing so. I’m impressed with the 7000’s clean running and cleaning abilities.

Dominator showed up today and I’m curious about how clean it will run ......

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's why I was asking. To see the Dominator after many gallons at the ratios you run.
I might run a new saw with Dominator at 6oz per gallon and tear into it for porting after I run some fuel through it ....................

I was dead set against Dominator because of the water rumors, reminding me of what I've seen with a few other full synthetic oils ......... but there is no dismissing the condition of the test unit you ran, so I might be inclined to have a little fun

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
3:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I was dead set on running a certain oil, which I'm not, and it was a rust promoting oil, I'd run it on a heavy mix of BM or something else mineral base before storage and not worry, but firing them up every month has worked for me for so far. That said, I'm thinning the collection herd. Its become another job firing them up. I'm going to only keep the saws that really give me the warm n fuzzies.
The Stihl AP series yard tools will narrow worrying about alota thoso factors and they work very well. Only thing I run mix in now is chainsaws , FS250 brushcutter, and 2 backpack blowers. The Stihl BR600 blower regardless of what oil Ive ran in it over the last 12yrs carbons the valves/exhuast. Thing has been rebuilt several times over the last 12yrs. Plastic cam gear wears and throws time out also

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And the after seafoaming.
Id say yes it works. I also read water misted into a carb intake removes carbon off a piston crown. At least on 4 cycles. Those opposed twin Onan engines had crown carbon issues and needed heads removed to remove carbon. Every 400 hours if I recall. If not they could start making contact with the head. Anyway many guys would just run them wot and mist water with a spray bottle into the carb throat. They all claimed it worked and negated the need to remove heads. Never done it personally so who knows. I'm not going to conduct such a test either. View attachment 244542 View attachment 244543 View attachment 244544 View attachment 244545
Looks good. WD40 sprayed down the throat of a good warmed up unit will cut softer non hardened gunk and carbon out also. It will smoke badly but I hadnt had any luck with WD40 either in a unit that has years of hardened carbon. Ill try the Seafoam sprayed into a hot running unit and give her a try. Thanks Eggshooter

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another victim of Stihl Ultra mostly all small cc units that I see this in . The one on the left a dirt dobber got but thoso paticular kind plug with carbon more than the one on the right. The one on the left had already started to carbon badly and the unit is only 2 months old20200607_080112.jpg

Last edited:

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
128 / 6 = 21.3333

Oil is everywhere .... like it should be. It’s gotten MUCH cleaner around the ring lands and exhaust port.

I can’t find anything wrong with this Schaffers 7000 .......
Did that make for smokey exhaust? I suppose in a milling situation, fumes or at least excessive fumes would kinda suck...

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
firing them up every month has worked for me so far. That said, I'm thinning the collection herd. Its become another job firing them up. I'm going to only keep the saws that really give me the warm n fuzzies.
The herd here is not getting thinned, they hang unless used. If Dominator collects water & rusts, then it’s going to end up as burr oil. I need an oil that’s good for everything and doesn’t need fogging ....... 7000 fits that criterion. I’ve tried a bunch of others, K2 fits also, but doesn’t run as clean as the 7000. I’ll try the Dominator, and see how it holds up. At the end of the day, I don’t care what the oil I settle on is named, but I’ve got to be able to get it easily and it can’t be too costly.

Did that make for smokey exhaust? I suppose in a milling situation, fumes or at least excessive fumes would kinda suck...
Zero smoke while running, and I mean nothing. Startup is a little, but once the cutting starts, zero.

As far as fumes are concerned, the 3120 muffler was modified for milling exclusively. The PTO side was blocked off and the exit got the fumes up and away from me, I didn’t even get any hint of exhaust.

0126625A-FB72-42DE-807B-0EDB906177D8.jpeg
75344799-4278-4C28-A48B-26C0C1E24E12.jpeg
D76FDE5B-F9CD-4427-B3E9-52320A87A7B4.jpeg E2BCAF29-8D9E-4636-819F-E64682E6780D.jpeg

Last edited: