What oil is best? and what ratio?

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
2:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yikes!!! Well I guess I will use something else. I'll use the rest in the tractor to dose the diesel fuel. Yea I know that's really tcw3 oil, but it will be ok. It's an old school diesel it will burn anything and like it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
You’d be fine, mix it at 25:1

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some oils on that list surprise me.
I couldn't find the Dolmar oil on the list.
It's not. I went out and looked at the case and a bottle. I could've sworn it was rated. But citgo sea and snow is. And this stuff leaves less carbon buildup than sea and snow

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know @mdavelee was useing it milling a few years ago, seemed to be happy at the time.

Ok so I am now on the search for some more oil. I am thinking of useing echo Red Armor this time.

If you run real rich like 24:1 it is enough oil. If it sits for a month or two it doesn’t seem to leave anything behind. It’s definitely not a storage oil.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Moparmyway has had some interesting finds as well after using Lucas. It leaves saws very dry as Jake said. Not real good to use. Much better options.

Two weeks sitting and the Meteor aluminum piston was corroded.

I only use it as assembly oil, straight outta the jug. It’s so thin it runs like water. I’ll never buy it again

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you run real rich like 24:1 it is enough oil. If it sits for a month or two it doesn’t seem to leave anything behind. It’s definitely not a storage oil.
NOT good, cause like us all I have several saws. It will be months between start ups!!

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Two weeks sitting and the Meteor aluminum piston was corroded.

I only use it as assembly oil, straight outta the jug. It’s so thin it runs like water. I’ll never buy it again
Not good. I'm on the hunt now for a different oil. What's left in my mix will get dumped in my k10 Chevy. I have more saws than i can use like most of us. I will dump every saw and run them all till warm then put up. I may just get a bottle of Husky XP oil till I find what I will run for awhile.

I did notice my mufflers were not as wet as with other oils.

Last edited: