What oil is best? and what ratio?

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm looking on amazon at oils. I see a Husky HP? It's a semi synthetic too? Isn't that what XP is or was and now there is XP+? What's the difference. Did the XP change to XP+ and maybe become full syn and they changed the semi syn oil name to HP to avoid confusion? I haven't run husky oil in over 5 years I bet so I don't follow it.

Edit: Nope I see xp+ is a blend????

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So if an oil was not on that list that means it was not certified?
Specifically the Dolmar oil.

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lots of landscape folks i heard ran it at 100: with no problems, i have no idea why!! Even amsoil 2 stroke would be such a small part of operating expenses, i dont see why anyone would chance it. At 50:1 you useing twice as much but dang you can mix what 13 gallons or so out of a quart!! Even a 3 man crew that fuel would last them a good while!! If there that worried use whatever you can bug at walmart at 50:1 im sure it would be as good as 100:1.

Landscape crews I can imagine are grabbing the smaller bottles and mixing them to 2.5 or 5 gallon jugs. And the bottles are multilingual. So anyone on the crew can’t mess it up. I have a ms 310 and 390 that have many many tanks on about 80:1. If something went wrong tomorrow put it this way the saws owe us nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The guy at the Echo dealer. He is the owner, been in there before. Was telling me he dad premix bottles. I was like I know. I want a larger one. He was like I don't like the squeeze miz bottles. I was like I know I want a quart. He is like it's a precise thing minzing. I said I use a mix bottle or up and mix at 32:1 so if I am a tiny bit off it dont matter. He said too much oil can cause problems too.... I was like yea I know but not if it's tuned right.... sure whatever just look it up is what I was thinking. I think he realized I did more than crank a saw up with an annual thunderstorm or to cut a bush down in my yard at that point.

Last edited:

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Landscape crews I can imagine are grabbing the smaller bottles and mixing them to 2.5 or 5 gallon jugs. And the bottles are multilingual. So anyone on the crew can’t mess it up. I have a ms 310 and 390 that have many many tanks on about 80:1. If something went wrong tomorrow put it this way the saws owe us nothing.

Does Amsoil come in small ones?

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And your right. They do use small bottles. I have friends with a landscape biz. They buy in in like packs of 24 or whatever.

I'm sure they pour it in, don't wait for the drips to stop and I'm sure don't rinse it out!

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And the small bottle I got with my Echo trimmer actually has the FD

Hope this doesn't get me into trouble

I HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH AMSOIL

dot dot dot

View attachment 155735

Beat me to it. I am a dealer I don’t really sell it I just get it for myself and my friends and save some money over retail the little bit I do sell helps pay for my own oil

The 3.5 ounce bottle mixed to 2.5 gallons of gas comes out to be right about hundred to one I believe I have to go in the garage and check

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Beat me to it. I am a dealer I don’t really sell it I just get it for myself and my friends and save some money over retail the little bit I do sell helps pay for my own oil

The 3.5 ounce bottle mixed to 2.5 gallons of gas comes out to be right about hundred to one I believe I have to go in the garage and check

Probably right that small bottle is like 80:1 with a gallon. The next bigger bottle is about 100: 1 with about 2 gallons

Doing rough math and ratios in my head.

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought the 8 oz bottle to try it. Saved the bottle to reuse, as it has nice oz. markings.

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I buy it in quarts because thats what the local market sells

They actually have a display with probably 30 different Amsoil products

And yeah, the bottles have great markings and are wicked easy to accurately pour out 4 oz at a go