Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I must be weird I am into all kinds of stuff I don't see here :)
comic books, early American coins, live music (mostly rock and jazz), esoteric audio formats, all manner of techie nerd stuff
oh and chainsaws and tools

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i have collected coins older american coins and foreign coins since i was a kid . i do carpentry and like working on a farm . playing with chainsaws are a hobby i like to cut wood and it keeps me in shape

KenJax Tree

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
comic books, early American coins, live music (mostly rock and jazz), esoteric audio formats, all manner of techie nerd stuff
Im not sure its your interests that make you weird[emoji1]

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
still looking for an 1856 flying eagle myself :)
and a chain cent, I am mostly a penny kinda guy

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last edited:

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
lol expensive coin

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Try finding these in Mint condition :)
Tracking down the Precious was simple in comparison :)
All grade 9.6 or higherIMG_1660.JPG

Last edited:

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
yes dave i would call you a nerd lol but a likable one the most reading i do is on here

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
love it, I have a few customers who give us carte blanch to make things beautiful and I love spending time working on gardens like that
Thanks..The growing thing was passed down i guess . As a kid I spent a lot of time with my granddad gardening ,mowing plus mum and dad were nuts on gardens to. My favourite place in winter was in the heated greenhouse bringing on plants for the new season. I really enjoy growing for food the best but you got to like the smell of a few flowers now and again :)

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Trust me I don't have a chain cent :)
I was minted for only three months of the first year of US coin production. It went through a lot of changes in those three months as well.
The "flowing liberty" head design on the front lasted through 5 different major changes to the coin until the public was so angry that the portrait of liberty looked like a witch that it was changed to a new design later in the same year 1793.
In addition to the chain cent (picture of a chain on the back with a link for each original colony), there were two different edges for the coin to try to prevent filing of the edges to decrease value, one version had vines and reeding around the outside edge and the other had printed "one hundred for a dollar". After the chain cent the next reverse was struck with a wreath with a single bow. And there are versions with both a sprig of holy and a strawberry leaf under liberty's portrait on the front.
The strawberry leaf version is crazy rare and brings serious money. One sold in 2004 in middling condition for more than $400K. Pretty good appreciation for a penny :)

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was minted for only three months of the first year of US coin production. It went through a lot of changes in those three months as well.
The "flowing liberty" head design on the front lasted through 5 different major changes to the coin until the public was so angry that the portrait of liberty looked like a witch that it was changed to a new design later in the same year 1793.
In addition to the chain cent (picture of a chain on the back with a link for each original colony), there were two different edges for the coin to try to prevent filing of the edges to decrease value, one version had vines and reeding around the outside edge and the other had printed "one hundred for a dollar". After the chain cent the next reverse was struck with a wreath with a single bow. And there are versions with both a sprig of holy and a strawberry leaf under liberty's portrait on the front.
The strawberry leaf version is crazy rare and brings serious money. One sold in 2004 in middling condition for more than $400K. Pretty good appreciation for a penny :)

:campeon: WOW, just WOW!

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

lol what do you do in your spare time

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got a couple old comic books somewher. I thnk spiderman.