What are you reading?

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just finished all of the Jack Carr books, ‘Terminal List series’. I enjoyed them & found all of the public documents referenced & suggested other readings intriguing.

There is a pile of the suggested reading that I will try to delve into.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just to be clear, with all the seat time I have I am listening to audiobooks & not reading but still taking in the books.

I just finished American Sniper by Chris Kyle.

I am now on to Lone Survivor by Marcus Lutrell.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just to be clear, with all the seat time I have I am listening to audiobooks & not reading but still taking in the books.

I just finished American Sniper by Chris Kyle.

I am now on to Lone Survivor by Marcus Lutrell.
I’ve read American Sniper a few times. Twice before it even became a movie. That was a good book IMO. Chris Kyle was quite a guy.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve read American Sniper a few times. Twice before it even became a movie. That was a good book IMO. Chris Kyle was quite a guy.
I will listen to it again, I liked the insight & overall liked the book. I don’t know if I will see the movie. Usually after reading/listening to a book the movies are a huge let down.

I doubt I will watch ‘The Terminal List’ series either.

Chris Kyle also wrote a book ‘American Gun’ I am planning on checking out.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will listen to it again, I liked the insight & overall liked the book. I don’t know if I will see the movie. Usually after reading/listening to a book the movies are a huge let down.

I doubt I will watch ‘The Terminal List’ series either.
I also own and have read American Gun. I don’t remember it moving me. I’ll maybe have to dig it out again.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I mostly read translated religious and philosophical texts from about 300 B.C. to 500 A.D. Currently reading The Shepherd of Hermas and Corpus Hermeticum.
That’s getting into some pretty deep reading, I like to stay in the shallow to medium depths. The stuff you are reading might melt down the few brain cells I have left.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
1:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_5389.jpegThe top 5 are the lucky golf balls that made it through an entire round without me launching it into water or trees or just losing it. The others are from different courses I’ve played. I buy a logo ball from every course I’ve played. I’ve missed a few but I try to get one from everywhere. Figured I’d show my little display case. If I ever get an eagle or hole in one I’ll keep that ball also

John Wargo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You golf ? I try to get out once a week when weather is better. I can shoot mid high 80s to 120. Depends on what swing I bring and if I’m in practice

View attachment 405765This is what I’m reading. Almost done. I liked it
I have clubs but i think they need the sights redone on them. LOL. I broke into the 90's a few times this year, but i can't.go every weekend.