Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
3:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any readers out there? Around August 1, 2022, I decided to watch no TV for a year, so I started reading again.

So far, I have read the following:
I try to read a chapter in the Bible every day.
The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien
If you want to walk on water you've got to get out of the boat, by John Ortberg
Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
Lord of the Flies by William Golding
1984 by George Orwell
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

Currently reading, as in started today, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

I have enjoyed all of them. Lord of the Flies is my least favorite; I don't see how that book makes it on some top 100 books to read lists. Other than John Ortbergs book, I am choosing my books from top 100 lists for now.

Anybody read any books they really liked?

Last edited:

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll bite. My reading consists of forums like this one. Yes, I know not a book. But lots of great information.

Likewise, I also read the Bible.

As for books, I prefer true, real life stories.

I really enjoy books written by Pablo Yoder. There story's based on the lives of real people. And some of them are his personal experiences in the mission field.

I must admit, I don't read as much as I used to.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll bite. My reading consists of forums like this one. Yes, I know not a book. But lots of great information.

Likewise, I also read the Bible.

As for books, I prefer true, real life stories.

I really enjoy books written by Pablo Yoder. There story's based on the lives of real people. And some of them are his personal experiences in the mission field.

I must admit, I don't read as much as I used to.
As far as real life stories, I want to read "The Diary of a Young Girl" by Anne Frank

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Steinbeck's East of Eden is pretty good.
If you haven't, do the rest of the Lord of the Rings books.
I liked Stephen Kings Gunslinger series books. I have all 8 or is it 9? They are all rather long but worth it.
Depending on your political leanings Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged is good. A bit drawn out, over the top and full of some overly long monotony, but the story itself is interesting.

chiselbit

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i usually stick to sci-fi/fantasy books. terry brooks, david eddings, raymond e fiest, lord of the rings etc.
I’ve read every Raymond e feist book. He’s one of my favorite authors. You might like the Peter v Brett books. And Patrick rothfuss, he wrote 2 books in a series that were great. Then he stopped. I’ve been waiting for the next one very impatiently but don’t have much hope now. First two are well worth the read though.

CJ Brown

I learned it from a hockey card...
GoldMember
Local time
4:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am half way through "Hold the Line" by Tamara Lich. She was one of the organizers of the Freedom Convoy here in Canada in February 2022. The book details a bit of her life and then the experience of organizing and participating in the convoy that went to Ottawa.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd have to dig through my bookshelf again, but also
Thirty seconds over Tokyo
Band of brothers
The things they carried.
First 2 are WWII the third, Vietnam.
I read a book titled, "Lions of Medina". It is a story about a battle in Vietnam. I read it because my friend (Dave) told me a guy I casually knew (played baseball with his son, and the guy owned a pharmacy 1 block from where I grew up) was in that unit and in that battle; though he is not mentioned in the book. Great book, very intense!!! I recommend it.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
4:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve read every Raymond e feist book. He’s one of my favorite authors. You might like the Peter v Brett books. And Patrick rothfuss, he wrote 2 books in a series that were great. Then he stopped. I’ve been waiting for the next one very impatiently but don’t have much hope now. First two are well worth the read though.
yeah, ive been waiting for rothfuss to quit playin D&D long enough to write the third one for many years now lol.