What would you do to save a mini mac

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a late model 160S with an actual muffler, however it was still pretty loud. By the time that model came out most of the bugs of the earlier Minis had been worked out and it was always a good little saw for me. Sold it to a gent on this site who wanted one for his collection.

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I tore one down and re sealed the bottom end and put fuel and oil lines in it. I don't know what it had for fuel in it but it ate everything even carb diaphragm were goo. Seals had the rubber ate off of them and all. New rubber and that Mac 130 runs like a champ.

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The plastic recoil drums from the later saws can be used in place of the earlier plastic with metal cup starter drums. Ideally you would either change the starter pawls to one of the later style with more contact area (metal or plastic, both are available) but it is not absolutely necessary for just a few starts. More than a few will lead to the metal pawls digging into the starter drum.

There were more than a few saws built with the removable starter and the plastic/metal cup style starter drums.

Mark

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
@merc_man

I cannot locate the part you need. I'm sure I have one but....

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
merc - I have a few Mini Mac cases apart and can provide you with the stop switch parts if you can't find them elsewhere.

Mark

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mini's come in two different types .Ones that runs well and ones that don't run at all . The oiler normally is one weak link .I think it's the Zama carb is now hard to find rebuild kits for .I'd have to take inventory of how many I have which I've never paid a dime for .Kind of like stray cats they just showed up .

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Back when I had a Mini, all of a sudden Zama kits came back into production. Pent up demand, I suppose.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Danged 110 and 120 you nearly have to field strip them to even get to the carb .The later models 140 I think with a half fast anti vib were a lot easier to work on .

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
merc - I have a few Mini Mac cases apart and can provide you with the stop switch parts if you can't find them elsewhere.

Mark
I might have to take you up on that if eggshooter cant locate one

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk