High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

UPS Strike

..X..

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Not sure if this is a good spot to post this, but I was just given a letter from one of my suppliers stating " United Parcel Service (UPS) is currently experiencing a labor dispute that may result in a nationwide strike on August 1st"

Just an FYI for anyone thinking about using UPS soon.

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not sure if this is a good spot to post this, but I was just given a letter from one of my suppliers stating " United Parcel Service (UPS) is currently experiencing a labor dispute that may result in a nationwide strike on August 1st"

Just an FYI for anyone thinking about using UPS soon.
Well that sucks… FedEx is useless and USPS has been very flaky for me as well.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well that sucks… FedEx is useless and USPS has been very flaky for me as well.

Of the 4 or 5 saws I have sold and shipped to you, all were done via FedEx.

You've never expressed any complaints about them to me.

Did FedEx screw something up, I'm not aware of?

Last edited:

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
FedEx has been pretty reliable in my area except where they leave packages. UPS has been better. Usps screws up all the time. Especially at the Greensboro, NC hub. They suck.

farminkarman

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Of the 4 or 5 saws I have sold and shipped to you, all were done via FedEx.

You've never expressed any complaints about them to me.

Did FedEx screw something up, I'm not aware of?
I never had an issue with the stuff you sent me. I have had lots of issues with damage, and holes in boxes + missing parts, etc. USPS is fine until they either lose the item, or deliver it to the wrong address and blame me for losing the item. The last USPS screw-up was a lost delivery of an Egan air filter that they claimed they delivered on Memorial Day :facepalm:

farminkarman

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
FedEx has been pretty reliable in my area except where they leave packages. UPS has been better. Usps screws up all the time. Especially at the Greensboro, NC hub. They suck.
I imagine most people's opinion of each shipping service is a result of the actions or inactions of the local branches, and less to do with the company as a whole.

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Know a young guy that works seasonal at a distribution center. Says there are more Part Timers than FT and the place can be a cluster flop at times.

Ordered parts today and was warned they'll be late so set myself up for a different chore next.

..X..

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
FedEx has been crap for me. When I ordered a replacement thermostat for my water heater (2nd day air) It took them 5 days to deliver it!! And yes, it was sitting in the distribution center 10 miles from me for 3 days! I even called and asked if I could pick it up. They said no, and their excuse was weather was causing the delay!! I said what weather!!?? its sunny and 85 degrees out!!!

Since then, I have had people from hear and eBay use FedEx, and it always takes longer then what was originally "estimated". I ordered converters for my car a couple of weeks ago and was supposed to be here on Friday the 14th.. Didn't get them until Wednesday the 19th. Good thing I didn't need the car for the weekend..

stankers

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I read that both sides left a meeting last week and they weren’t anywhere close to an agreement. I though USPS only ships up to 17lbs, is that correct?

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I imagine most people's opinion of each shipping service is a result of the actions or inactions of the local branches, and less to do with the company as a whole.

Any company is only as good as the sum of people who work there. None of them are perfect, they all make mistakes, it's how they handle the mistakes they make. I never deal with locals, I print labels at home and drop off. I've only dealt with corporate when need be....

I used to only use UPS because they were closest to my house. I'd print labels & drop off the packages at their ship center. UPS lost several packages of mine, and has damaged a few also. I filed claims, they never paid one single claim for some BS reason or another, even after a few friendly & polite phone calls to corporate, nothing. The last straw for me was UPS lost a item that was insured for $1,500 and they would not stand behind it, it went into a sort center and never came out, gone like a fart in the wind. After I refunded the buyer his money, I had to eat it. That really irritated me.

FedEx has not been perfect. I've had to file a few claims with them also. Huge difference to me though, is FedEx has always paid on a claim. Last time I filed a claim with FedEx 4 days later there was a check in my mail box.

USPS is a joke for paying claims also. They never pay them. I will not ship anything with USPS that is worth over $100, just because of their lack of paying on a claim. $100 I will eat it, if USPS looses it, anything worth more than $100 is going FedEx.

Matt Schmitt

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ups is the most solid in my area had many issues with FedEx. I think I’m one of the reasons Bruce started wrapping his saws well because several I bought got damaged. Currently have a package that’s lost in NC since last month. Before that I had a tire shipped and it fell off the truck many miles from my house, luckily a Good Samaritan dropped it but the house. I watched tracking and at the end of the day it said pending instead of on the truck for delivery. I stayed quiet to see what would happen, Three days later the status said shipped and yes I did receive it but I promise you FedEx didn’t deliver it.

Attachments

• IMG_9949.png
    IMG_9949.png
    116.1 KB · Views: 9

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
yep, around here we have very few actual fedex employees, pretty much all contractors. fedex is garbage here for that reason. our UPS guy is outstanding, he recognizes my truck, and if he sees me in town he’ll stop and drop stuff off right there.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ups is the most solid in my area had many issues with FedEx. I think I’m one of the reasons Bruce started wrapping his saws well because several I bought got damaged. Currently have a package that’s lost in NC since last month. Before that I had a tire shipped and it fell off the truck many miles from my house, luckily a Good Samaritan dropped it but the house. I watched tracking and at the end of the day it said pending instead of on the truck for delivery. I stayed quiet to see what would happen, Three days later the status said shipped and yes I did receive it but I promise you FedEx didn’t deliver it.
bought a saw from a member here who lives in Hungary, shipped fedex. saw made it all the way from there in like 4 days somehow, then i got a phone call from my neighbor saying there was a package with my name on it sitting on the side of the road near the shared dirt road i live on. unfuckinbelievable.

Matt Schmitt

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There shipping is usually quick, they have a huge hub in Indianapolis but I never know what I’m going to get once it shows lol.

HumBurner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They pretty much all suck.

At least USPS mostly takes care of their employees, as far as I'm aware. Our locals love their jobs with USPS.

My understanding is this strike won't HALT deliveries, but there may be delays with no guarantees of delivery times.

Stihl Potlicker

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They pretty much all suck.

At least USPS mostly takes care of their employees, as far as I'm aware. Our locals love their jobs with USPS.

My understanding is this strike won't HALT deliveries, but there may be delays with no guarantees of delivery times.
I agree 100% unions suck