Tuning In The Cut?

toolmaker

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a nice 036 Pro that I recently bought.
Sad to say that I am somewhat disappointed......... Not about the condition of the saw, but performance.
I have to be fair to the saw though. I just had a 460 built for performance and I am used to it cutting like a damned fool. Grab a stock 036 and it is like I'm on a different planet. Also, the 036 has a safety chain on it that needs the rakers lowered.

I'm going out in the woods today nd gonna lower the rakers on the safety chain and see if it is any faster cutting. Also gonna take another bar with Full chisel chain and compare.

Is there a way that you tune while in the cut?
Do you pull out of the cut, turn some screws, and go back in the cut.

I need to get better at tuning

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is the vid I like to show people to illustrate "cleaning up in the cut". I had this tuned pretty rich, but once enough load is applied to it you can hear it change distinctly.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a nice 036 Pro that I recently bought.
Sad to say that I am somewhat disappointed......... Not about the condition of the saw, but performance.
I have to be fair to the saw though. I just had a 460 built for performance and I am used to it cutting like a damned fool. Grab a stock 036 and it is like I'm on a different planet. Also, the 036 has a safety chain on it that needs the rakers lowered.

I'm going out in the woods today nd gonna lower the rakers on the safety chain and see if it is any faster cutting. Also gonna take another bar with Full chisel chain and compare.

Is there a way that you tune while in the cut?
Do you pull out of the cut, turn some screws, and go back in the cut.

I need to get better at tuning
Start rich. Blubbering in the cut. Lean it out 1/4 turn at a time, checking in between adjustments. Once you get close, drop to 1/8 turn adjustments.
Plus, vids :p