1997 Stihl 044 what cylinder and crank do I have

Robpm

Active OPE Member
Local time
1:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought my 044 back in 1997. The s/n on it is 136331027. I do not think that it is a slant fin as I have heard people talk about them being a 10 mm or 12 mm crank etc. I would like to rebuild it at some point. I have no idea if you can purchase an oem cylinder and piston for it but it is clear that if I am going to do that I need to know what the right part number would be. I appreciate any help anyone can give me on it.

It has been a great saw and I have cut a lot of wood and taken down a good amount of trees with it.

Thanks
Rob

Sloughfoot

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought my 044 back in 1997. The s/n on it is 136331027. I do not think that it is a slant fin as I have heard people talk about them being a 10 mm or 12 mm crank etc. I would like to rebuild it at some point. I have no idea if you can purchase an oem cylinder and piston for it but it is clear that if I am going to do that I need to know what the right part number would be. I appreciate any help anyone can give me on it.

It has been a great saw and I have cut a lot of wood and taken down a good amount of trees with it.

Thanks
Rob
Any OEM 044 cylinder will work. Any OEM 044 12mm piston will work. There are OEM cylinders to be had off Ebay for ~$100.
I got one from this seller awhile back and it was as advertised.

Last edited: