Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
7:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just get a 661 they are beasts
Yea I like the new 661, but mainly the non mtronic model. Trying to find a ms661r non mtronic is like hens teeth right now, and the 660 is a cheaper deal for me than a new 661. It's too bad that Husqvarna limited this new saw to 12500, especially being that the 661 has a 13500 max rpm which is considerably more. I'm sure most of you will be fine with it.

Catman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How big of trees do you cut? Perhaps this limbing method could help speed things up, or maybe you already know it. I don't know how well it would translate to large tree cutting with long bars due to the increased risks from larger wood. Maybe it would work near the top of a big tree.

Fascinating!

HYPERSAWS

West coast cutter
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yea I like the new 661, but mainly the non mtronic model. Trying to find a ms661r non mtronic is like hens teeth right now, and the 660 is a cheaper deal for me than a new 661. It's too bad that Husqvarna limited this new saw to 12500, especially being that the 661 has a 13500 max rpm which is considerably more. I'm sure most of you will be fine with it.
Don't b sceered of mtronic they work better than us trust me, I absolutely prefer autotune/mtronic for every day work

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't b sceered of mtronic they work better than us trust me, I absolutely prefer autotune/mtronic for every day work
After having 5 different models of them, including a 661c, no more mtronic. No autotune either. Big thing that sucks about Stihl is their stupid expensive pricing on their full wrap handles, and sprocket covers. Husqvarna has the market cornered with the 40 dollar full wrap and big dawg package, then the cheap clutch cover package option.
I have to drive over 125 miles one way to get to a local dealer that won't turn down working on either a auto tune or mtronic. I will not be part of that cluster...... any longer

HYPERSAWS

West coast cutter
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After having 5 different models of them, including a 661c, no more mtronic. No autotune either. Big thing that sucks about Stihl is their stupid expensive pricing on their full wrap handles, and sprocket covers. Husqvarna has the market cornered with the 40 dollar full wrap and big dawg package, then the cheap clutch cover package option.
I have to drive over 125 miles one way to get to a local dealer that won't turn down working on either a auto tune or mtronic. I will not be part of that cluster...... any longer
That is unfortunate

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
10:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After having 5 different models of them, including a 661c, no more mtronic. No autotune either. Big thing that sucks about Stihl is their stupid expensive pricing. Husqvarna has the market cornered with the 40 dollar full wrap and big dawg package, then the cheap clutch cover package option.

Fixed it for ya lol

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
3:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I was shown the Erickson method maybe 15 years ago at an arborist conference. I deal with a lot of dead and failing Colorado blue spruce here in Michigan. Simply put it’s the fastest way I’ve found to limb the spruce species. Now having said that it wouldn’t work very well for most of a west coast tree.
Using a brow log or using your log piles or limb piles and decking it up is the way it's done. 60cc Saws with short bars is the only way to fly for anyone still wondering why they use short bars. Well demonstrated video, he's slick, the weight didn't even come of the log.
I definitely do that when it's dense.

Europe is laughing back and wondering why NA uses such long bars. They think it is because guys can't work both sides of the tree confidently . They could be 50% right.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
8:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Using a brow log or using your log piles or limb piles and decking it up is the way it's done. 60cc Saws with short bars is the only way to fly for anyone still wondering why they use short bars. Well demonstrated video, he's slick, the weight didn't even come of the log.
I definitely do that when it's dense.

Europe is laughing back and wondering why NA uses such long bars. They think it is because guys can't work both sides of the tree confidently . They could be 50% right.

I’m not amazing at double bar cuts, true. But I do cut trees that require a 42” double cut. 94cc needs to pull a long bar. I’ve got plenty of smaller saws for 28-32”.

I think 395 has spoiled me.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep, I should have read out this thread. Pretty much confirms my suspicion what is stated in this post. View attachment 324564
I find that to be more common these days. I have noticed the Echo 2511t and some others have touchy throttle like it is designed for all or nothing, and you have to use great care to get in between where you want it. Modern vehicles also: the Dodge truck I drive at work has little precision as you start to press the gas pedal as if there's a minimum rpm that must be met when the pedal is pressed the slightest. A relative's subaru has a sensitive gas pedal too, and the brakes on others like Volvo and BMW are extremely sensitive. I don't think it is safe, and is probably caused by over complicating the electronic systems involved, too little attention to detail or care in performance subtleties, or some gov agency thinking they know best, and requiring such performance.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For only $199.99!

I just saw a video where someone told him to make tapered V stacks as his original design was just a straight bore filter adapter.

bradb123

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In the other 592xp thread people are discussing hard starting issues . I'm putting this here because this is the saw Shaun did for me . Today I got to run the saw after work . It's only the second time starting it . The temperature was warm for this time of year , 33 F . I started it the same way I start all my auto tunes . My other auto tunes pop on the second pull . Then put the choke in fast idle position and the saws normally start on the second pull . This saw started on choke . I let it run for a few seconds then pushed the choke lever down . I let run on fast idle for a few seconds and then hit the throttle to bring it to the idle position . The saw has great power ! I messed around cutting some blow over black locust . I had a 28" -404 full Comp full Chisel chain on .

Attachments

• 20220208_165321.jpg
    20220208_165321.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 20220208_165241.jpg
    20220208_165241.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 68