The official OPE daycare thread

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
4:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_8786.jpegIMG_8782.jpegThe red mower from my last post runs OK, it’s Smokey. I will do an oil change with Rotella 30 oil and clean the carb. The black one I need to fix the steering and the mower deck on, but it’s 20hp tecumseh twin runs excellent. I’ll probably sell the black one. If the red MTD ends up being a nice mower I’ll sell it too, otherwise I wanna take the deck off and put a tiny pulley on the tranny so it goes 30mph for fun.
As stated in the official farming thread we had 2 calves this week and 1 more on the way.
I had 9 50 pound bags of lime in the back of my granny’s Subaru today, so it was pretty squatted, the pic doesn’t do justice, I did distribute the weight better before driving it after I realized how squatted it was, after all I don’t need people thinking I’m gay when I’m actually straight and country.
At Tractor Supply today as I pulled in the parking lot to get lime and weed trimmer line, 3 hot chicks walked a horse into the store with them, seriously. So that was funny/cool. The employees were totally fine with it.
Here’s a pic of a squarebody that I guy I kinda know is selling.

IMG_8787.jpeg

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have off work for a couple days cuz my boss went north for the weekend. I wanted to work but I’m not really needed. The one other guy is just gonna do chores each day. Yesterday almost all day at work we fixed a fancy neighbors lawn cuz a cow got out and walked all over it. Today I had time to dig out my saws, which have not been used or worked on in a couple weeks. It’s been like this a while, but the recoil on my mint condition Hoemlite 150 doesn’t pull out all the way, but it started after several pulls. I adjusted the carb better on it and made several cuts into a big log that was laying around, all good. The Shindaiwa started 1st pull and ran/cut great, but I really have to sharpen the chain. The 4 stroke was making an ugly noise and hardly turning the motor over when I pulled the rope several times, somehow 2 of the recoil mounting screws are missing. I eventually held the recoil in place better with one hand and got it started and put it in the wood a little too, all good except I gotta buy 2 screws to replace the missing ones. My blue Homelite 150 would not even fire, spark was weak… My Mac 3505 started in a couple pulls and I adjusted the carb, bar and chain for it will be on the way soon from Mark Heimann. The rest of my saws need work.

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yesterday I somewhat fixed how badly unlevel the mower deck is on my main mower, the custom 19.5hp Murray 42 inch.
Today we bolted the bed down the rest of the way and reinstalled the inner fender on my dad’s 1995 lifted Toyota DX pickup since we had both parts removed when we replaced the fuel pump 2 years ago, didn’t finish until now cuz we hardly drive the truck.
Today we put the floor on my trailer, will make the sides next time my dad is here, at least now tho I can haul something. I will buy some sorta stain or treat to preserve the wood with this week after I get my first check.
I gotta replace the front left wheel bearing and speed sensor on my Silverado ASAP, will pick up the parts on Monday.
A few days ago my neighbor offered my brand new never used cab corners and rockers for my truck dirt cheap at $60. He has the half ton Silverado and the whole truck is just too far gone for him to want to still put them on. I passed because my truck is also very far gone in other ways and it wasn’t an absolute need. Today and today only he said he’d offer them to me for the price of getting them out of his garage, and after being honest with him that idk if I’ll ever get around to or be able to pay someone to install them, he said I could still take them, so I did.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
6:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
...................At Tractor Supply today as I pulled in the parking lot to get lime and weed trimmer line, 3 hot chicks walked a horse into the store with them, seriously. So that was funny/cool. The employees were totally fine with it............................
Screw the other pics where is the pic of the three hot chicks

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
6:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He needs more training lol
I agree totally. A man should never pass up an opportunity to meet and talk with fine ladies. About a year and a half ago I was waiting in teh hospital to get some simple x-rays of my feet. I was talking with a woman about my age and I noticed she was not wearing a ring. I knew I should ask a bit more but as I was starting to I was called into the room. It was a missed opportunity that I will never get back.

greystone mountain man

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
7:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m too much of an introvert.
I don't know you but I would bet a hundred dollars to a doughnut,you are no more of an introvert than I am.But I finally figured out you don't have to be a professional to flirt with the ladies,just start talking and go with it.👍

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I put in a 12 hour day at work yesterday mainly of fixing barbed wire fence lines. Today was mowing lawn and weed whacking at another farm and finishing fixing that barbed wire fencelines, only 8 hours tho. Tomorrow or Thursday me and my neighbor are installing a new front left hub assembly on my truck and I’m taking my Kohler K161 engine that I’m rebuilding in to be bored and honed. Planning to fully restore the IH Cub Cadet 70 that that motor came out of. Gonna also pick up some barn stain or something to preserve the wood on my trailer build.

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My neighbor helped me install a new left front hub assembly on my truck this morning, it went well, but now there’s a new minor brake noise and the ground issue like beeping thing is still there. I stained the floor of my trailer today, any ideas for a ramp? Neighbor cut hay last night. Still battling trying to get wheels of the old Allis Chalmers 610.

Attachments

• IMG_8864.jpeg
    IMG_8864.jpeg
    324.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8867.jpeg
    IMG_8867.jpeg
    348.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8861.jpeg
    IMG_8861.jpeg
    291.3 KB · Views: 9

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Friday I went to the Iola, WI car show and swap meet and bought quite a bit of small engine related stuff and some tools. Work has been going good. Super Clean is sending me some product to review on YouTube as well as some apparel. I have over 200 subscribers now. I got the new bar from Mark Heimann on my McCulloch 3505 today and made some cuts which went good. I won an ultrasonic parts cleaner from a YouTube giveaway. I have a nasty case of sun rash on my neck.

Last edited:

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We just got back from taking my dad’s 89’ F250 7.3 up north with his 24 foot enclosed trailer loaded with junk since we are moving. I followed in his Colorado and brought him back afterwards. It went ok surprisingly. 2 hours each way. Lights didn’t work, but it was daylight and I was right behind him most of the time so whatever. All 8 tires(truck and trailer combined) are bald and made it.
I still have the weird sun rash on my neck.

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We have the sides built for my trailer, just gotta stain them this week. I swapped the high beam front headlights on my truck to LEDs today and I also replaced the broken piece of my windshield washer fluid line with some fuel line. At work I’ve been towing 5th wheel flatbed trailers a lot.

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Upgraded the low beams on my truck to LED also today, used $20 eBay ones which needed modifications but work instead of $65 decent ones from NAPA like I used for the high beams, we’ll see how the compare in the long term. We went tubing on a lake behind a speed boat yesterday with my uncle and cousins and it was fun. Gotta finish staining my trailer sides this week inbetween work. Buying a Cub Cadet chainsaw made by efco on Tuesday hopefully. I randomly found a nice fancy chrome custom exhaust tip on the side of the road the other day, I might put it on my Silverado. Here’s a kinda cool picture I took. IMG_8942.jpeg