Sloa

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It sounds like all you need now is a 54" roller-nose bar and square-ground .404", a hickory shirt, a tin hat, and a cigar and you're ready to go fall timber..

Sloa

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Right. Late in life for a carrier change, but I’m sure gonna put to use in some fashion. The 6-10 has come to work several times now and it’s not as fast as my coworkers husky but it makes up in looks and sound.

Sloa

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dressed the 36” bar, and mark believes it’s in good shape. Chain was in good shape. Need to red kote tank and order the two gaskets for the exhaust

Sloa

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
About to see if carb will grab fuel. Manual oiler has not shown any life. Placed saw on side while changing points and there was leakage from push rod hole. Will avoid in future from laying clutch side down. It doesn’t need to be air tight for manual to work?
Also start switch not working, I had gone threw it way back , will have to go back over it.

Last edited:

Sloa

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After supper wife agreed to hold tab so I’ll explain then show . Really running blind now. Draws fuel revs like the devil and lots of gas in carburetor in the two seconds it runs. Shakes itself apart. Carburetor issue or air leak. 6-10 was air leak making it race but if carburetor flooding that’s needle metering and whatnot?

Sloa

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No video. Any thoughts . Draws fuel after a bottle prime, then off to the races tone is getting thicker not so whiny but still extremely high rpm. Pressing throttle almost gives a secondary growl if that makes any sense. Can not maintain that full output for more then a couple of seconds before something comes loose. I had said earlier thought carb was flooding but let run for a couple more seconds (about six seconds) and seemed okay.
Lots of material on flat backs so I’ll dive in. Can I add three to five ml more oil to the 40-1 mix and let her have a little more . Running so lean

Last edited:

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I picked up this 10-10S last month for $75.I got it home & put a newe fuel filter in it & it started right up.I went to start it the next day to check the oiler & it wouldn't start - no spark.I put another ignition module on it & it fired right up again.The PO had totally derstroyed the black chain brake that came on it.I ended up breaking the brake in half while trying to get the lever pin out.Luckily I had this yellow brake on hand with just a small piece missing above the muffler.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 5
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 4

Sloa

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Kinda hard to understand what you’re saying,but I would start with a pressure/ vac test and check play in the crank. On both the flywheel and the pto side. Then address the carb.
I know, and am sorry. Wish I could have shown video. Worked a little tonight. Learned with two fingers at back of carb I can control air/rpm and stop it from racing. Let it burn off a cup or so of continuous running. Still races if air isn’t reduced but sound is becoming richer fuller.At that low rumble has fairly good throttle response. Will try tomorrow to find that air fuel happy place.

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gentlemen, does anyone have a Walbro metering spring chart?
Wondering if the spring is correct for my PM55. SDC49 carb. Fixed hi jet. Date stamped 6-73.

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Also, currently have the two diaphragms and thick gasket. There is also a thin gasket with the kit. Any recommendations on which gasket? Does it matter?

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Also, currently have the two diaphragms and thick gasket. There is also a thin gasket with the kit. Any recommendations on which gasket? Does it matter?
I've always used the thin gasket on the SDC49.

Sloa

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got carburetor humming along pretty good now, gone threw two full litres and cylinder not so hungry and was able to set idol and low. Haven’t really attacked the high yet as I still want to run some more oil threw the rings on idol. Got off on trigger working. All around good spot to be in. Trigger returns to idol only if I don’t go past roughly half because the oil rod offers a resistance on return to low rpm

Sloa

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
put away saw after attempting to run with bar and chain.without bar and chain Had saw running half hour strait last night, thought I had it dialed in fairly well. I start with a gulp down the gullet then she pulls fuel. With the bar and chain it needs a whole new tune and then I imagine again when filter and cover go on. If I thought it retracted and pulled the cord when hungry it’s nothing when having bar on, Handel needed to be wrenched free more then a couple times.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
put away saw after attempting to run with bar and chain.without bar and chain Had saw running half hour strait last night, thought I had it dialed in fairly well. I start with a gulp down the gullet then she pulls fuel. With the bar and chain it needs a whole new tune and then I imagine again when filter and cover go on. If I thought it retracted and pulled the cord when hungry it’s nothing when having bar on, Handel needed to be wrenched free more then a couple times.
Typically, if you have to retune it with a bar on, your PTO seal is shot