MCCULLOCH The official McCulloch thread

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To tell the truth my best deals have been from on the forums or from a dealers dead pile .I only had one almost go sour from flea bay .Made the mistake of telling the seller what was wrong with it .I had to explain to him what mail fraud is .I got it . I never made that mistake again .If they aren't smart enough to fix it tough luck .

Yukon Stihl

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fresh wound for me...
Was the first to respond to an ad for an old Pioneer and he had a Homelite too.
Talked with the guy for a while,never tried to get his price down,i send a shipping label cover his time for boxing ect.Seemed like a straight up guy on the phone.
Said he was going to pull the ad's.Half hour later my cell and email are full of messages from him saying he jumped at my offer but should have waited so the deal was off...

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They turn up every so of often in Ohio .BTW I didn't specify a truck load of 850's for 5 bills just a truck full of saws .I forget who it was who's on here that found I think an 800 which was about 15 miles from me .He expressed an interest so I never tried for it .I've got a couple of 82's already no need to control the market .Any more if it isn't relatively rare or has the potential of turning into a hot rod I really have little interest in it .

Maintenance Chief

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They turn up every so of often in Ohio .BTW I didn't specify a truck load of 850's for 5 bills just a truck full of saws .I forget who it was who's on here that found I think an 800 which was about 15 miles from me .He expressed an interest so I never tried for it .I've got a couple of 82's already no need to control the market .Any more if it isn't relatively rare or has the potential of turning into a hot rod I really have little interest in it .
Just teasing Al, we all know Mark H. Is the only guy witha truck load of 82cc Macs.
I'm working on one now and that would make 2 for me ,which will more than likely last me my life time .

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
10:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a few different choices on display currently.

35 Bow

IMAG0088.jpg

200 Bow

DSCN0109.jpg

640 Bow

DSC01202.JPG

I have an NOS 10 Series bow on the wall but missing the spike and the guard. I have another complete set up for the older saws up on the wall in the shop as well as a couple of the "brush" or "clearing" type bow bars to fit the large frame McCulloch saws.

20200106_213124.jpg

I also have a small bow on a Mini Mac, the report was it was used on a Christmas tree farm. No good photos of that one.

Mark

Maintenance Chief

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a few different choices on display currently.

35 Bow

View attachment 278137

200 Bow

View attachment 278135

640 Bow

View attachment 278136

I have an NOS 10 Series bow on the wall but missing the spike and the guard. I have another complete set up for the older saws up on the wall in the shop as well as a couple of the "brush" or "clearing" type bow bars to fit the large frame McCulloch saws.

View attachment 278141

I also have a small bow on a Mini Mac, the report was it was used on a Christmas tree farm. No good photos of that one.

Mark
That 640 and 35 look beastly!
I was just wondering if you ever saw a 82cc mac set up with one? I don't think I have. I imagine that it would be pretty straightforward.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got a bow similar to the one at the right of that picture .It came in a big box of McCulloch stuff that included a 250 Mac and a couple of 10-10's .The bar will fit the 250 and likely about any reed valve model .It's missing the top guard and without same IMO it would be unsafe to use .Strange as might be I actually had the right length of chain in my junk that fit it .All that stuff came from Ohio via E-bay and it cost me as much for shipping as I bid on the whole lot .BTW that box was rather heavy .

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I know there may be more than one right answer, but would I be able to use a set of thin rings for a PM700 in a 7-10 if it had the thin ring piston, or would I be able to swap in a 700 piston?
Steve was nice enough to send me a set of NOS rings for a 700, as I was thinking of putting together another one.
My 7-10 is a little tired though(140 psi), and I thought maybe that one needed freshening up first, since I really enjoy running it more than my 700.