High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

The Official Farming Thread...

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Those old John’s are good ones. I have a 4955 with 12,000 hours. Had some transmission work and an injection pump. Still a go to

Yep, spent many hours on them over the last 45 years. Also many hours on the 10 and 20 series before that. First was a 1963 6010 diesel.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
1:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One born in the freezing rain last night......one in the snow this morning. Got hay rolled out, and got em herded to it. No froze to death calves yet !!!!!
In next year or so I am going to start controlling when bulls are in with cows tighter. Two months in, four out. That will give me two groups of calves to sell each year and I won't have to worry so much about weather problems. Right now main herd is out at my parents but that is to change so I will be on top of things.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In next year or so I am going to start controlling when bulls are in with cows tighter. Two months in, four out. That will give me two groups of calves to sell each year and I won't have to worry so much about weather problems. Right now main herd is out at my parents but that is to change so I will be on top of things.

I run the cows with a bull all the time. Over the last 5 years or so the calving time has moved back about one month each year. As long as it doesn't work out so that they are calving in mid summer, I'm ok with it.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I run the cows with a bull all the time. Over the last 5 years or so the calving time has moved back about one month each year. As long as it doesn't work out so that they are calving in mid summer, I'm ok with it.
One of the things I have to consider is my work hours. I don't really have any time this time of year especially with lack of sunlight. Dad is retired so he goes out and feeds and checks on them in morning and late afternoon. I've busted tail on days in the past to get home in November and December to pull calves in dark and cold.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of the things I have to consider is my work hours. I don't really have any time this time of year especially with lack of sunlight. Dad is retired so he goes out and feeds and checks on them in morning and late afternoon. I've busted tail on days in the past to get home in November and December to pull calves in dark and cold.

Out of ol Sir Loin we have only had to pull one calf. We run the young stuff in with him. After they have their first calf, and are bred back, we move them in with Easy. So far we've never had to pull one of his. We have bought bred heifers and either lost the calf, or had to pull.

Sir Loin

20190613_082809.jpg

Easy

20190603_093129.jpg