The "I work with dumb people" thread

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I worked for the state police installing the equipment in new cars I was asked why a particular light didn't work "but it has 12 volts going to it". How do you know it has 12 volts supply I ask? "The test light lit up". And these folks *b-worded at my pay grade when I was hired.
Sometimes I'd like to go back to work just to teach...
for ten times the pay

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
finally someone got it

Nathan lassley

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I won't say the guy is an idiot because he is pretty smart but has a habit of not listening, we went on the water to move bouys and when we got back to the dock and loaded the boat I specifically told him when goes on water tomorrow since I'm off DO NOT back straight out from the dock because you will end up in the rocks. I come back from my days off and he did exactly what I said not to do. I thought the only damage was to the prop but I didn't notice the transom was pushed in and up a 1/2 inch developed big cracks on Thursday while moving docks around. I couldn't even get mad because I'm like you have to kidding me, *f-word it it's lunch time.
View attachment 373274View attachment 373275

Welp, today I'm plotting my revenge because our mechanic gave us the repair cost and the repair timeframe of it might not happen this year which for the time being we have work with the rangers to use their boats... I'm going to be towing floating restrooms back to the docks to empty the sewage tanks and that involves detaching 200 feet of 5/8 cable then attaching it a large bouy which is not easy on the older restrooms and even worse on the new one. He who wrecked the boat gets to learn how much more of a pain in the ass he made my job because of his 7'000 dollar screw up. The worst part of this whole thing is I'm the one who had to report the damage and it was easily avoidable. my job is smelly, involves Pooh, and a trash removal rake. If you don't want to do my job don't mess up the equipment I need to do my job.

Last edited:

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
7k to make that repair and it likely wont be as strong as it was....*s-wordty

NateSaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I worked with a residential contractor years ago. One day the helper showed up late for the umpteenth time, then broke a window... The boss sent him to the trailer for a glass magnet. He searched for 15 minutes...

Nathan lassley

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
7k to make that repair and it likely wont be as strong as it was....*s-wordty

Cutting off the entire back side plus redoing the steering and throttle controls due to age, boat is at the shop!!! somehow we got real quick approval for that repair, I've never seen our district hq approve a vessel repair that fast(2 days). I think what caused that is having to use patrol boats and rangers for maintenance work.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
2:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Late tween coworker with CNC Operator scholarship running to the gym, too much of a pu$$y to properly tighten down the tap in this brand new ER11/150 tool holder.
I want to twist necks for crap like this, mind You this is mass production.
IMG_20230606_190805~2.jpg

Also, the tap got ground back way to much "to get the specified thread depth" causing it to chip!
There is plenty of meat to drill the hole deeper in those workpieces!!!
IMG_20230606_193652~2.jpg

These couple last generations have no clue nor do they care to learn!
I am so fed up constantly checking what the other operators might have messed up on the mill every day!

JugHead27

I'd rather be called gay
Local time
9:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Late tween coworker with CNC Operator scholarship running to the gym, too much of a pu$$y to properly tighten down the tap in this brand new ER11/150 tool holder.
I want to twist necks for crap like this, mind You this is mass production.
View attachment 380645

Also, the tap got ground back way to much "to get the specified thread depth" causing it to chip!
There is plenty of meat to drill the hole deeper in those workpieces!!!
View attachment 380646

These couple last generations have no clue nor do they care to learn!
I am so fed up constantly checking what the other operators might have messed up on the mill every day!
“Send it bruh”
Have you had any flying jaw chucks off a lathe yet? Mickey Mouse hands turn , RIGHT, remember, to cam lock the jaws lol

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
“Send it bruh”
Have you had any flying jaw chucks off a lathe yet? Mickey Mouse hands turn , RIGHT, remember, to cam lock the jaws lol
No lathes!
CNC mills, 3 & 5-axis, Hurco & DMG Mori/Deckel Maho

But all kind of wrong stuff happens daily.
Collisions, insufficiently tightened workpieces, wrongly placed workpieces, running production with severely damaged tooling or even no tooling at all resulting in missing holes/threads.

I am so fed up with these mama's boys!!!

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
CNC mill and accompanying connections of air and electricity been installed 4 weeks, only two operators handled this machine, a coworker and me.
Yesterday another operator got assigned to the machine in order to learn how to run it.

This is what I found shutting the machine down 11pm.

IMG_20230619_225616.jpg IMG_20230619_225626.jpg IMG_20230619_225659.jpg

He "opened" the valve by forcing it past shut and didn't think a thing why it wouldn't turn any further.
Even worse, today the valve was turned the same direction forced past shut bending the limiter nub.

This is open!
IMG_20230619_225635.jpg

What kind of buffoon are You not having any "feel" lest read the writing on the lever to open a simple ball valve?!
Yeah, that guy is a spoiled idiot, I keep bumping into his idiocy all too often.

I hammered the limiter nub back/straight.
I'll see tomorrow whether he'll bend it again.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
7:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
CNC mill and accompanying connections of air and electricity been installed 4 weeks, only two operators handled this machine, a coworker and me.
Yesterday another operator got assigned to the machine in order to learn how to run it.

This is what I found shutting the machine down 11pm.

View attachment 381729 View attachment 381730 View attachment 381731

He "opened" the valve by forcing it past shut and didn't think a thing why it wouldn't turn any further.
Even worse, today the valve was turn the same direction forced past shut bending the limiter nub.

This is open!
View attachment 381732

What kind of buffoon are You not having any "feel" lest read the writing on the lever to open a simple ball valve?!
Yeah, that guy is a spoiled idiot, I keep bumping into his idiocy all too often.

It even says "ON" turn counter-clockwise.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It even says "ON" turn counter-clockwise.
Exactly!
But other than that, I gave a neighboring identical valve a CW tug with one hand - that limiter nub ain't bending easily and I am fairly buff being a metal worker of 27 years.

I am surrounded by idiots!

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What I forgot to mention, this guy is operating CNC mills for a couple years now and they all have main air shutoff valves.

He just doesn't want to know better as he noticed that being a button pusher yields the same paycheck as showing knowledge and caring.

But forcing a valve open the opposite way?!
Yeah, I was on the brink of screaming out loud.