The "I work with dumb people" thread

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I work for Union Pacific Railroad and they treat their people so poorly and the word is out. they are ranked number one worst company to work for in the US.. as such they have a hard time getting and keeping people. I am a conductor that works in a yard. I get my work on standard copy paper. I fold my paper in half lengthwise then in half again and stack the pages together so i can see more of my work at once. we have some of biggest *f-wordtards on the planet. what we isnt rocket science by any means but it takes a basic understanding of logic to be efficiant. i had a guy the other day ask me four time how i folded my paper. he was 43 years old i had to tell him after he asked me the last time that he wasnt going to make it here and should go back to eating paint because you are *f-wording retarded. we have hundreds of people just like him

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Machine clearly says "thread pitch mismatch" on its screen with the program process view being halted on said tapping operation/program line HIGHLIGHTED IN RED!
Half a dozen "operators" couldn't figure out why the machine won't go past that operation.
I get called to the machine, see the notification and highlighted program line and just say "What's the issue, it clearly says that the specified tread pitch is wrong!". I enter the machines tool list, correct the taps pitch and everything works fine.

To top it off they say "Oh, we've seen that, but it said the same after we copied over the workpiece program from the other machine!".
Idiots don't realize that the basic tool specs and settings are stored in the machine and not the workpiece program.

I love simple to solve stuff like this, three to five taps on the screen and problem solved and they just stand there intimidated AF.
I think they aren't gonna ask me anything for the next month or so! 🤣

No, I am not smart!
But I have moderate common sense for my work. 😉

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
New ER32 clamping collet, most likely been used once - trashed!
It didn't get tightened sufficiently, nor had the tool been inserted deep enough.
The tool worked against the collet wall and created a significant step.
Easily a dozen collets get trashed every week - that is the sad truth of the idiocy surrounding me at work.
Sad, but I stopped caring as it is above my pay grade.

IMG_20230407_103525~2.jpg

IMG_20230407_103610~2.jpg IMG_20230407_103633~2.jpg

Nathan lassley

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I won't say the guy is an idiot because he is pretty smart but has a habit of not listening, we went on the water to move bouys and when we got back to the dock and loaded the boat I specifically told him when goes on water tomorrow since I'm off DO NOT back straight out from the dock because you will end up in the rocks. I come back from my days off and he did exactly what I said not to do. I thought the only damage was to the prop but I didn't notice the transom was pushed in and up a 1/2 inch developed big cracks on Thursday while moving docks around. I couldn't even get mad because I'm like you have to kidding me, *f-word it it's lunch time.
IMG_20230406_114656040.jpgIMG_20230406_114705339.jpg

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
that struck me as funny....because it happens every day at my job. i say it all the time nobody ever listens. we are always double handling work because people dont listen and do exactly what you tell them not too.

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
too bad about the boat that sucks

old saw fixer

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I worked for the state police installing the equipment in new cars I was asked why a particular light didn't work "but it has 12 volts going to it". How do you know it has 12 volts supply I ask? "The test light lit up". And these folks *b-worded at my pay grade when I was hired.
Sometimes I'd like to go back to work just to teach...